New, Need some accountability...

Hi. I'm new and still trying to figure out how all this works, including the whole "add me" thing.

What I have figured out, is that I need some accountability, perhaps to a community here? If I'm being realistic, I need to lose 70 pounds but if I'm being honest, I'd be happy with 20.

I'm an "opportunistic" eater - meaning, if there's food in front of me, I assume it's for me. Think a bowl of M & Ms, a bread basket at a restaurant, half a watermelon - they are all there for me. And for the record, I would also eat a ginormous bowl of salad.

So, for accountability, I'm planning to post daily(ish) that I'm staying close to my calorie goal. Support, encouragement and suggestions will all be welcome, and in advance, thank you!

Replies

• lemonadrienne77
    lemonadrienne77 Posts: 4 Member
    I can totally relate to the "opportunistic eater" label. I'm trying to stick to meals to start with. I resisted looking at calories for so long, but I realize I need to have the facts about why I'm able to maintain a weight that's about 90 pounds above my ideal!
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    I hear you!
  • melanie_005
    melanie_005 Posts: 154 Member
    It's hard when there is stuff around eating food that's around you. I will add you as a friend
  • karst_runner
    karst_runner Posts: 3 Member
    Welcome, I'm new too.

I'm the same way in regards to eating it if it's there. Especially at restaurants...

I joined because I have been busting my butt with no loss results. The answer was always there; I'm eating too much. Though I've only used it for a week, I like how the app holds me accountable. I can see exactly what my intake is. Best wishes on your weight loss journey!
  • hoffman2300
    Thanks, And you too!
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    I started really small changes to where I didn't notice a difference. I'm down 69 lbs and still going strong!!! 41 more to go!!!
  • hoffman2300
    wow - 69 down is fantastic! That's some great inspiration!