To ink or not to ink....

Options

Replies

• LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Just make sure they spell my name right

Haha! With a heart around it that says true love always!
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If you do it, make sure you love the work of the artist. He/she can make or break the art and you have to be sure to be in line with their style. I got my tattoo 8 years ago and still love it. It's become a part of who I am, so I'll always love it (not sure that makes sense). But if I could do it again it would be with a different artist.

Make sure they take the time for you before they put the ink on and do your research and I'm sure you'll never regret it.

Fair warning: They're addicting! Ever since I had mine I've been looking for another one and other artists and most people I've spoken to that have one feel the same.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    I say go for it. Who cares what it looks like at 70+ At least then you'll have the memory of getting it even if it looks like it has seen better days. At 42 I'll already stopped giving a damn what other people think including myself... LOL
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I wanted one for my 40th birthday. Got it done a few weeks ago - I'm 43 now. So I spent ages thinking about it and still got cold feet. I love it & just needed to suck it up & be brave. Do it!
  • LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Even my one tattoo that I "hate" I love. It represents where I was at that particular time in my life. At one point I considered covering it up but now I see it as a permanent preservation of a moment in time. I will never forget it! That being said, if you are unsure, then you probably shouldn't get it. Buyer's remorse can be a frustrating thing to go through depending on where you get your tattoo. It can affect your self esteem, etc.
  • Piloteer2009
    Piloteer2009 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.

4xw04c5q0hkg.jpg
  • THS2SHALLPASS
    THS2SHALLPASS Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    I have a bunch of ink. some I favor more than others but they all have a story behind them so I cant ever hate them. have your artist do the stencil on you and look in the mirror before the actual tattooing takes place. I say DO IT but I am biased LOL
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.

That's what my brain said 3 weeks ago. 3 weeks later, I'm rocking a very simple tattoo with zero regrets.
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was stupid enough to get a homemade tat when I was just 15 years old. It was pretty hideous, I then had it covered when I was around 18 with a rose. I grew tired of it and had the rose covered with a sunflower with an eyeball in the centre. It was pretty cool at the time but after about 25+ years I also grew out of it. I just recently had it covered by a Mandalay and they did a really nice job on it, I have been getting loads of compliments and the before and after is astounding. I would not do it again since I chose poor placement in the first place and it is visible on my upper arm. I am still going to get another one or two but this time I will actually think about meaning and placement. Good luck, let us know what you decide
  • cashmtusa
    cashmtusa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You will only be young and fit for so long, might as well get a tattoo and be able to show it off confidently!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I used to say that I would get a tattoo when I got my body where I want it. I have now realized that "where I want it" is a sliding scale that will never be achieved. So I guess I won't be getting any tattoos lol.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    @LZMiner wrote: »
    Such a dilemma! Ihave a potential tattoo in mind, but I'm somewhat of a commitment probe and worry about buyers remorse a few years out! Anyone have ink that they really regret? Would you choose something different and are there times you choose to cover it?

You should show us the potential tattoo!
  • mcafton
    mcafton Posts: 190 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Got a big dark name on my forearm. long story. never should have done it. I got it covered with a big Koi because I was low on options that would cover it. Could still see it. It was now like a colored mosaic of the name. so I had part of the tail covered with a lion's head. it's not great, but at least I don't see her name anymore. it was expensive and was 4 or 5 sessions. The other alternative was amputation.

So, make sure if you get one it's one you want, and never ever get a name, unless it's your child and even that is questionable.
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I have several tattoos that I would not get again today.

However, my approach to tattoos is that they have a meaning and they're related to something important in my life. Even if it won't be important to me in five, ten, fifty years, I'll still remember the impact that thing or event had on my life right now and that's what the ink is for. So no, I don't like all of the images I have on my body now but I still cherish what they once stood for and I have no regrets about getting them.
  • m1ss_danni
    m1ss_danni Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have 4, 1 I regret. It was a matching tattoo with somebody I no longer speak with. Other wise I love tattoos. Go for it!
  • katiegranger13
    katiegranger13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My first tattoo is terrible. 15 year old me decided that getting tattooed by a stoner while drinking a litre of cheap cider using a home tattoo kit was a great idea at time but I don't regret it even tho it truely is a terrible tattoo
  • katiegranger13
    katiegranger13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It brings back good memories so I don't think id ever get it covered up
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    m1ss_danni wrote: »
    I have 4, 1 I regret. It was a matching tattoo with somebody I no longer speak with. Other wise I love tattoos. Go for it!

You look familiar
  • m1ss_danni
    m1ss_danni Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    m1ss_danni wrote: »

You look familiar

;)