Motivational Buddies Needed

Options
New to the MyFitnessPal community,
Need buddies who are wanting to lose weight, we can help motivate each other !

Replies

• SarahBMartin1996
    SarahBMartin1996 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Yasmin, I'm new too. Happy to buddy up if you want?
  • yasminnemorales18
    yasminnemorales18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Yes of course! I'll add you
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Welcome!
  • khanfatima9744
    khanfatima9744 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey good luck
  • yasminnemorales18
    yasminnemorales18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Welcome!

Hello, thank you ! ☺️

• 1musicgrl
    1musicgrl Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome to the MFP family. Feel free to add me if you want to. You got this. It's hard, but it can be done. There are a lot of good people here to support you. You will find eventually that you are able to give support too, and that's a great feeling!
  • silversnake84
    silversnake84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me . Consistency, hard work and positive attitude is what is needed. After a few weeks, it's just going to feel like routine and then it becomes like second nature.
  • Neel_4U
    Neel_4U Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey how's it going! Just joined here. "Slow progress is better than no progress". Let's keep motivated, will get there
  • Bloodbeerandiron1
    Bloodbeerandiron1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Add me guys
  • pilarslayer
    pilarslayer Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    hi guys! welcome to MFP. you can add me if you like
  • vintagegirl04
    vintagegirl04 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm new here wish me luck
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome aboard. You can do it! There are so many people no here who can support you along the way. I'm happy to if you are still looking for more MFP friends :)
  • Fiqahana
    Fiqahana Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Hana. I'm 21 years old. I joined MFP on 2013 but I guess never really stuck with it. So currently, I'm on an almost 4 months semester break from university so figured I better focus on myself, just losing weight and getting healthy. I was at my heaviest by the end of February 2017 where I weighed almost 125kg. I currently weight 117kg and is working hard to at least be 110kg by the end of June and my main goal for my semester break is to be 90kg or at least below 100kg by the end of August.

I was diagnosed with GERD at the end of February 2017 and was hospitalized for 4 days because of it. It felt terrible as I felt like it was hard to breath, it's like a sensation of a lump in the throat. At the hospital I kept on throwing up the food I ate, I couldn't even sleep, I was crying most of the time because my GERD was really bad, I had to be on Xanax for a few days just so I could get some rest. It has been almost 3 months of me dealing with GERD and I have on medication yet I still have the symptoms, although it is now better as I do not throw up anymore and I am able to sleep. I am going to make an appointment for an endoscopy very soon just to be clear on what is the cause of my GERD and hopefully after that I will be able to get suitable medications that will make me recover 100%. One of my doctors did say losing weight my just be the cure for my GERD and after doing some research, I did find that what he said is true and most people who have GERD does feel better after losing weight. So, I hope when I do lose weight, I'll be so much healthier and happier as well and my GERD will be gone completely, forever.

Ever since I was diagnosed with GERD on February, I have lost a total of 10kg. I still have 55kg left to lose to hit my goal weight, but I'm very positive that I will achieve it, slow and steady, losing at least 1kg every week, healthy way all the way!

So basically, I am determined to lose all this weight and be completely healthy again. I am going to take control of my life, this is it. Here's to a better life, a better me. If you have GERD or maybe you just wanna be friends, add me as a friend. I'd love to have people to encourage me get on the right track and it will be my honour to encourage my fellow friends to stay motivated as well. Have a nice day! Thank you for reading, I appreciate it! :smiley:
  • sethh_taco
    sethh_taco Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Seth. I'm 28 and live in Arkansas working in the IT field. I'm doing the keto thing and have had decent success with it when I stay on track and don't stray/fall off the wagon. I've started up again and so far am a week in on this go, so some motivation buddies for weight loss or other keto people would be great. I have about 300+ lbs to lose and with keto I've lost about a total of 50 lbs all combined so far (about 6 weeks total).

Feel free to add me.
  • clancanes_martin
    clancanes_martin Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Martin, 27 from Scotland. I started putting on weight after I finished high school. It ballooned again when I finished university and now is the time to do something about it!
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me. I'm down 68, 42 more to go. Always looking for motivating people
  • jsoko1
    jsoko1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

The names Jacob, and I'm back with a thirst and hunger greater than I've ever had before. I started excersising back in 2011 as an obese, 110kg, twenty year old, who used to get teased and picked on in high school and later on in work. I started my journey ironically after falling through a ceiling at work.......

This would be the biggest turning point in my life. I started off walking, in which i lost 2 kgs in one week!!! Not only did this assure me that I had begun my journey to a happier healthier me, it also steered my eating habits into a whole other direction. I chose healthier options, smaller meal portions, and finally gave up my obsession with high sugar energy drinks. In the following weeks I continued to walk, which eventually turned into short sprints, losing a further 14 kgs in 8 weeks.
    I then started the next chapter, weight training..... At the time it was very daunting but I knew in order to reach my goals I would have to overcome my fear of exerting my self infront of others and just do it!! (no nike endorsements here). Over time I watched videos, learnt from people around me and continually grew my arsenal of knowledge in which I would need to crush my goals. A further 20 weeks down the track I did it, I reached 79.5 kgs. I never felt happier, stronger or more confident in my life.
    After my goal I did slack, work picked up and I slowly stopped going to the gym I would get into little fitness blocks of about 2 months then fade off again as work picked up.
    Now, 2017, i have set my self my next big goal. I applied and have succesfully been accepted in to the Australian Army. For the last month I have been training (weights and cardiovascular) and have lost a total of 6 kgs. My start weight was 94. so currently sitting arouund 88 kgs. Im doing a far bit of weight training but am also heavily focused on cardio and endurance training as of course this will be a major obstacle in joining the armed forces.
    So follow my journey for the next couple months as i continue to fullfil my dream, getting stronger, faster, fitter and healthier again.
    I will post weekly, for anyone whom wish's to follow along, but ideally for my self to keep my self accountable.
    Happy Training Fitfam.
    JAYJAYS

Please add and like my blog if you feel the inclination to
  • AObravo123
    AObravo123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The best way would be to target each muscle, each night with high intensity
  • Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by motivational... I'm no cheerleader, but I'm crushing goals and will gladly share my journey with anybody and toss out likes and the occasional comment.
  • clcrawford1
    clcrawford1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome, same here!