How do I do macros

Options
So I'm supposed to get 70% protein in and 30% vegetables for my new diet! I have no clue how to set my macros for vegetables! I know the protein needs to be at 70 % but I'm lost with the veggies. Can anyone help me!?? Thank you

Replies

• paniz_s
    paniz_s Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have the same question
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Do your protein choices have to be carb-free? Or will you eat beans, grains and dairy for protein?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Where's your fat? Why so much protein?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    So I'm supposed to get 70% protein in and 30% vegetables for my new diet! I have no clue how to set my macros for vegetables! I know the protein needs to be at 70 % but I'm lost with the veggies. Can anyone help me!?? Thank you

So you can't eat any fat? How is that going to work?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Where did this macro breakdown come from? There is no veggie macro. Carbs, proteins, fats. Vegetables are mostly carbs, so are you supposed to eat 70% protein and 30% carbs? Why no fat? I'm confused :disappointed:
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

Who ever gave you that break down does not know what they are talking about.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    How do I do macros?
    Not like that!
    70% protein, 30% carbs and 0% fat is bonkers and unhealthy.

Have a read of this...
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

• PhylinAZ
    PhylinAZ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I haven't been following the macros here. I follow the rules of the Zone diet which I believe is pretty balanced. I have read that fat is necessary for brain health, hair and skin.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    PhylinAZ wrote: »
    I haven't been following the macros here. I follow the rules of the Zone diet which I believe is pretty balanced. I have read that fat is necessary for brain health, hair and skin.

The Zone uses the same fat percentage that MFP uses for their default suggestion. MFP's macro default mix is 50%C-20%P-30%F and the Zone shifts some carbs to protein to end up with 40%C-30%P-30%F.

There are wide ranges of macro percentages that will work just fine. As long as you get enough fat and protein, what matters most is what works best for you personally.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    No way would 70% protein, 30% carbs and 0% fats be recommended by anyone, anywhere. Not only would it be impossible (most protein sources come with at least some fat) but you would fail to survive as fat is essential for living.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I read a couple of the Zone books cover-to-cover and yes, the recommendation for most is 40% Carbohydrates-30% Protein -30% Fat. It's a good, balanced, relatively low carb mix. It's what I measure myself against in my diary.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Go to My Home - then Goals and it should be top left Daily Nutritional goals. Make sure to save.
  • rjan91
    rjan91 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    And your veggies would be covered under carbs. Mostly green leafies are your lowest - trial and error on others. I would ask also about how much fat - since this is what will keep you full longer.