The best way to tone after csection?

Options
Ok so I have been working on losing baby weight after my fourth child via csection! And let's just say I've lost a decent amount of weight. Now my stomach has extra skin! I've had four csections. I have noticed it's really hard to tone my stomach. I don't really have any feeling from my belly button down. Doc says I have a lot of scar tissue. So what should I do? Keep trying to work my abs and see if my stomach eventually tightens up?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    A heavy lifting progressive program, diet and patience helped me.

I'm a mom of 5 with 3 c-sections. Working on this last one, currently 7 months PP.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    A lot of it will have to do with genetics. I had 2 babies via c-section. My last one was 17 years ago. I still have that csection shelf. I've been really skinny and fat and it has never gone away.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I've only had one c-section and I don't have much feeling from the belly button down. The only way I've ever been able to tone below my belly button is basically by doing exactly what Chef_Barbell said - heavy lifting & I've cut sugar out as much as possible.
    Throw some ankle weights on and just lay on the floor/yoga mat/chaise/etc and just start scissor kicking, bicycling, or just bringing them in and out to your chest. Those are the absolute best lower abdominal exercises I've found/stolen from my workout group.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    If you have a lot of scar tissue you may be limited in how much you can "tone." I've heard massage may be helpful in breaking up scar tissue to make it lay a little flatter, but that's anecdotal (I don't have studies to link to). That said, weight work will help rebuild your core strength which is a good idea as long as you don't have diastasis recti.
  • elkins3241
    elkins3241 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you all so much!!
    I will definitely try to strengthen my core!