50 lbs gone and half way there

Options
I went to the Dr. today and faced those dreaded scales. I have lost 50 pounds since May 2 according to his scales. I have 50-68 pounds to go. I feel great though because this is the most I have ever lost at one time.

Replies

• SageLikeTheSpice
    SageLikeTheSpice Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WTG, that's a lot of weight to lose so quickly.
  • tclausewitz
    tclausewitz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats - that is wonderful!
  • onedot49
    onedot49 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous! Congrats and keep up the good work.:bigsmile:
  • louisvillelady
    louisvillelady Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    wow how did you lose 50 in 2 months ? That is awfully fast . Hopefully it is doctor supervised ?
  • hphm420
    hphm420 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    50 lbs in 13 weeks!!! CONGRATS!!!!! How in the #@!& did you do that? - Great work!! :-)
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Hey Karla, why in the heck have you not shared with one of your MFP buddies exactly how in the hell you did that since May?????? Give it up, girl!

Congrats to you xxxoooxx
  • LylaFaii
    LylaFaii Posts: 52
    Options
    WOW!! Well done you! :)
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    WTG...You're going to stun ppl when school gets back in espeially since they haven't seen it happen progressively, with summer break and all.
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    Rock on!
  • AshleyNRi
    AshleyNRi Posts: 33
    Options
    Great job!! How did your doctor react?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,353 Member
    Options
    I went to the Dr. today and faced those dreaded scales. I have lost 50 pounds since May 2 according to his scales. I have 50-68 pounds to go. I feel great though because this is the most I have ever lost at one time.

Awesome Karla!!! Congrats! and there is something so validating about weighing in on the doctors scales too!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    great job!!what`s your secret?keep going forward.
    jane:drinker:
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to go to the Dr. in October to face that ugly scale. That's the only part I'm excited about! ... I would hope anyway.
  • Cynthiafaron
    Cynthiafaron Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congrats !
  • karlajohnson123
    karlajohnson123 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    For all those with questions on how I lost 50 lbs so fast, I had a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy on May 2. This is a surgery similar to the gastric bypass. I have adjusted my profile so that hopefully it is clear to everyone that I am under a bariatric Dr. care. I have just had bloodwork to make sure I am getting all the proper nutrition. It was my nutritionist that suggested MFP because I told her I do better when I write everything down.
    I have done well according to my Dr. He was proud of me. However, PLEASE don't anyone think that because I have had surgery that somehow this has been easy for me. The surgery only does one thing...it limits the amount of food I can put in my mouth at one sitting. I still have to make wise food choices. One of the first questions the Dr. asked me yesterday was about liquid calories. I used to love Sonic lemonberry slushes or Cherry Limeades. I was honest in telling him all I have had is water and 1 or 2% milk in 12 weeks. After the first 5 weeks, I realized I could eat anything. Nothing has made me sick. So, that put the reins back in my hand. My daughter made Blue Ribbon brownies one night and I had one-half hoping it would make me sick. But, it didn't. So, I know I could just as easily start gaining weight back if I made different choices. That is where MFP comes in. I make sure my calories are in range, I have enough protein, and that my carbs and fats aren't too high. And all of you are great. You are so motivating! I love it here.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,353 Member
    Options
    Karla,
    I had the Gastric Bypass and I too now can eat anything. I am proud of you too!! Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow ... nice job! Surgery or not, that takes some real commitment.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!