At home pull up bar and resistance bands

Options
Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent sturdy pull up bar that you attach to the ceiling? Not a doorway one. Also I want to get a resistance band to aid me to begin with but online there are so many I can't fathom what's best. Any suggestions? I will be so pleased if I finally manage to conquer pull ups!

Replies

• Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about good ceiling mounted ones, I did end up going with a doorway one. Just make sure you're screwed into the joists if you're going to ceiling mount. The pull up assist I got is from Beachbody, it has three removable bands you can take off one at a time
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i use my TRX to do pullups. you can lower it so you can self assist, which i think is better than using bands to assist. I either hold the handles, I put a sturdy pole through them and then i have a straight bar. I like having the TRX because i use it has a million more uses than just a bar in the doorway.
  • drspoon2013
    drspoon2013 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Never thought about using my trx for that! Thanks.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    i was able to build one out of 2" cast iron pipe bolted to the ceiling. You just use elbows and threaded pipe to build it. you can select pipe length and have to hang as low as you need and make it as wide as you want. works fantastic. wrapped it with tape for grip.