Zoodles!

Options
Has anyone else tried zoodles (zucchini put through a spiralizer)?

Omg. I'm loving it! 17 cals per serving instead of -- well, I just hadn't had noodles in over 2 yrs because of the cals and because I'm allergic to wheat.

Replies

• hillaryflicka92
    hillaryflicka92 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I love them! So so good with shrimp
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I had them last night with my homemade meat sauce and meatballs and I must say it was tasty. I wanted to save room for the huge piece of homemade garlic bread.
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i have a spiralizer and i love it. we make noodles out of all kinds of things :smile:
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I like the Shiratake noodles, no calories, no carbs or fat! I make peanut
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Definitely. What a great way to get more vegetables.
  • StacyTarkowski
    StacyTarkowski Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My grocery store sells them so I finally grabbed some and I have them on the menu for dinner tonight. Every comment I've seen gives them great reviews; I can't wait to try them. I'm optimistic! If we like them, I'll invest in the spiralizer because they charge $4 for 1 lb at the store!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    No, because I'm lazy -- I do often use non spiralized zucchini or spaghetti squash (which comes in noodle form) or other winter squash as a medium for a sauce of the sort I might put on pasta, and I like spiralized noodles if at a restaurant that does a dish with them. More often I have zucchini and/or yellow squash in my pasta sauce, however, am less likely to use them than the others and don't find that they really add more veg than I'd eat anyway -- sometimes I just eat the topping part on its own (over meat, maybe, or beans or whatever)).
  • Gibbygetsfit89
    Gibbygetsfit89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you can't have grains, there are also lentil, chickpea and black bean pasta. My favorite it the lentil. It has the same calories as traditional pasta but way more protein and fiber.