silly giddy NSV

Options
ijessieb
ijessieb Posts: 25 Member
Lat night a friend of mine who I haven't seen in a few months invited a few friends out to play Putt-Putt for her birthday. I was excited to see her and her boyfriend it's been so long. When I got there I yelled "Hey Emily!!" and I saw her jaw drop and she hugged me saying "OH my gosh you've lost so much weight!!" (I haven't seen her in 3 months) then I walked over to her boyfriend Jason who I haven't seen in a year and he said "HEY! You look great!" and hugs me... but here's the kicker, HE PICKED ME UP!! Lol I know that's so silly but as he was hugging me and lifted me I didn't immediately tense up inside and think to myself please don't realize how heavy I am! I felt as light as a feather! If a guy would have done that before I would have instantly been taken over by the fear of what he was thinking "oh she's heavy" and afraid he was going to throw his back out! I know it's silly, but when something that little happens I embrace it and realize how much weight I'm losing and have lost...and how much confidence I'm GAINING!! :)

Replies

• staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    That's awesome!!! You should be so proud, way to go!! I can't wait for the day I feel light and excited to show off that kind of hard work! :)
  • MrsSmith1112
    MrsSmith1112 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! I don't know if I will ever get to the point where the "oh crap, put me down before you realize i'm fat" feeling completely goes away...but knowing it's possible is great motivation to keep moving! I hope you're doing your happy dance!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I nearly peed my pants when a guy picked me up and he didn't grunt and groan. It was such a great feeling!!! Congrats!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    GREAT NSV!! Your hard work is paying off! :smile:
  • doodleheaddee
    Options
    Can not wait for that kind of moment... Good for you!!!
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I never let people pick me up for that reason! I can only imagine how you feel!! :) That's awesome!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    FANTASTIC That is great news - I'm so proud and excited for yoU!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Mandeiko - omg - you! that's it - going to come pick you up JUST to prove you've lost weight :P
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC That is great news - I'm so proud and excited for yoU!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Mandeiko - omg - you! that's it - going to come pick you up JUST to prove you've lost weight :P

CJ ... I kick and scream when people try, and then put on a sour puss for the rest of the day. That's how strongly I am against it.
  • Caite_S
    Caite_S Posts: 42
    Options
    that's great! congrats on your weight loss!
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! People don't generally pick me up either way (at 303 or 245), but I can imagine this is pretty exciting. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!