Ideas for some rewards for weight loss?

Options
What are some good ideas for rewards you can get yourself for losing weight? Ideas please!

Replies

• DianBudram
    DianBudram Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    New clothes, new workout gear, or have a portion size of your favorite food.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    Every time I reached a major goal I got a tattoo. It's quite expensive so it's not something that I can just go out and get when I feel like it, whether I make my goal or not.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Depending on your weight, what about experiences you can't enjoy until you hit a particular goal. Eg some rollercoasters have an upper weight limit
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    New water bottle, new arm band for phone,new sportsbras,new shorts,new nail polish these are all mini goal rewards I have bought so far
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Massage, mani pedi
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    What are some good ideas for rewards you can get yourself for losing weight? Ideas please!

1. Things
    2. Experiences

I don't recommend turning to naughty food or drink, I mean come on why work so hard to throw it away for 30 minutes enjoyment?

Things:
    As people have suggested this could be clothing or accessories. Just make sure it's something you love. I go for gadgets.

Experiences:
    This could be a hot air balloon ride, a sports car experience, a day out to a place that you've wanted to go to or even an entire holiday!

If you're thinking less expensive, why not chuck together a picnic a go for a nice walk, make sure you go somewhere nice, eat, relax, take photos so you remember it and then walk back to where you started.

The more active it is the better you'll feel about the fact that you are able to do it when before you couldn't.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,468 Member
    Options
    Clothes that fit.

Some people have trouble buying clothes for the short term but the clothes don't need to be expensive. Try consignment shops if necessary. But get a good fit spend for a tailor if needed.

If not clothes, any other way you can outwardly show pride in your appearance. Repeat as needed.

Not food.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Things I've bought as rewards

Fun jewelry
    New running shirts/shorts
    Race-bib toggles for my Spibelt so I don't have to put safety-pins in my favourite running shirts
    Garmin Forerunner 25 (this was for my 25lb loss - it seemed appropriate)

Not all of my rewards are for lbs lost. Some of them are for achieving a new PB in my races or for placing in my age-group. I've got my eye on a pair of Aftershokz if I ever get a first place in my age-group (had two thirds and a second already this year, so I'm getting closer).

• tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Monthly subscription box! I do the Sephora Play! beauty box and I recommend it highly to anyone who likes make-up and skin care products, but there are so many great options available that you can find one for your interests.

It's a great reward because every time it arrives you can reflect on your progress since the last box came. You can also suspend you subscription if your progress falls off, which is good motivation to get back on track!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Massages and facials, new clothes
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I set goals for buying stuff I want. Like when I lost 30 pounds last time I bought a nice mountain bike. Rewarded myself with a new pellet pistol this time. Both items keep me active and in the woods so they can be justified in my head lol. Probably go on a nice vacation when I hit my goal weight, maybe a week in Florida and do some deep sea fishing and surf fishing.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Mine are new clothes every time I drop a size. This is really important to me because over the last couple of years pretty much all of my disposable income was put back into business stuff and I just didn't treat myself. I hadn't bought new clothes since like... 2014/2015? Basically since the LAST time I was here trying to lose the weight.

So buying new clothes every time I'm down a size really reminds me to take care of my mental and emotional health. I love fashion and classic French chic style, and I feel great getting back to that side of myself. It just helps me come full circle; eating right, exercising, and dressing well for well rounded mental and emotional well being. All about that self care.
    *Oh, this includes new workout clothes.
  • nourhanehab7
    nourhanehab7 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    New clothes
    new shoes
    skincare products
    makeup
    accessories
    mug
    Headphone
    books
    sportswear
  • msshelagh
    msshelagh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    lauracups wrote: »
    Massage, mani pedi

^ would be rewards for me too.

Because they're not something normally gotten on a regular basis, the impact is much more satisfying. Also, booking a hair appointment with my favorite stylist would be on my list.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Clothes
  • SaritaJack
    SaritaJack Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When I was working up to being able to run a 5k, I rewarded myself for reaching the halfway point with a fun workout shirt, and my reward for reaching the end of the program was matching leggings for the race. When I reached the end of a weight-lifting and squat challenge I started, I rewarded myself with a nice yoga/workout mat and an online yoga class for my next goals.
    I'm thinking about saving up and rewarding myself with a nice fitness tracker once I reach my goal weight as a reward to help me stay on track.
    Something else that comes to mind is a trip or vacation that would require being more fit than I am, like biking a long trail or an overnight hike.
    For me personally, I like my rewards to be connected to whatever goal I have just smashed. :D
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Basically my rewards fall into three categories: 1) Things I can't do at my current weight (such as a horse-back riding wine tasting tour) 2) Things I can't wear/use at my current weight (such as hiking pants from REI) and 3) Things/activities that will help me attain more goals (such as a Fitbit or Zumba class)

I'm also trying to reward myself for both effort and success. If I work out every day but I don't lose any weight, I'd rather be proud of, and celebrate, the accomplishment of working out every day than beat myself up over the scale. Scale frustration and obsession has been a huge problem for me (getting frustrated and giving up because I'm impatient) so putting a focus on other aspects of health helps SO much with the emotional part of the weight-loss battle!
  • mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Anything that makes you feel beautiful, like a new pair of earrings, a new hair style, a new shade of lipstick, etc. Never use food as a reward. It defeats the whole purpose. :smiley: Michelle