Need more protein

Options
2»

Replies

• LovelyLadyLook
    LovelyLadyLook Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can add almond milk to your protein shakes.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yeah, unfortunately 1g protein per 200ml of Almond wont contribute a great deal to your daily protein intake :wink:
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    If you can eat it( not too many people can) chicken livers are a great source of protein and iron. I started eating it as an iron source because I'm anemic, but I was surprised at how much protein it has.

noooooo I dont eat any kind of entistine :(

Well, liver is not intestine, but it's also not low-fat, so it really wouldn't suit your stated goal (more protein without pushing your fat up).
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Dont know how i'm managed to mix mine without this video :D
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Try protein isolates, typically more protein, less calories. It may allow you to get more protein from your shakes which might push you closer to your goals. Beyond that most of my protein comes from turkey, chicken, lean pork. Not so much beef as it's fatty and higher calories. But I get 60-90g a day from protein isolate shakes.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    More meat ... Hah.. Beef jerky, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs, regular cheese, milk... You could make chicken salad and eat that with crackers for a snack..
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Everyone is throwing the meats around but what you put with it makes a big difference too! Lentils – 26g protein per 100g, Black Beans – 21g per 100g, Pumpkin Seeds - 30g per 100g! Even spinach has 2.9g per 100g...
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks everyone :)
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Quinoa is a good source of protein and healthy carbs :) and spinach and kale have a lot of protein and other nutrients!

quinoa is not a protein source.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    rdridi12 wrote: »
    Quinoa is a good source of protein and healthy carbs :) and spinach and kale have a lot of protein and other nutrients!

But it's got 8.1 grams of protein in a cup man!!! PROTIEN!!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    rdridi12 wrote: »

But it's got 8.1 grams of protein in a cup man!!! PROTIEN!!!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    dalerst wrote: »
    Dont know how i'm managed to mix mine without this video :D

Batman does it better :tongue:
  • Morgaen73
    Options
    lol
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Protein with very little additional fat (that comes to mind): Fish, chicken breast, ground turkey (available in variety of lean-ness..93/7 is common), ground beef (93/7), beans/lentils (the extra calories are mainly carbs not fat and also adds fiber), non-fat/low-fat dairy (yogurt, cottage cheese,..), protein powders.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of seitan (veggie meat made with gluten) - low fat, high protein. Assuming you don't have celiac disease of course.
  • bloodsy
    bloodsy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    220g of protein are you a professional bodybuilder/strong man? ;D

• Morgaen73
    Options
    bloodsy wrote: »
    220g of protein are you a professional bodybuilder/strong man? ;D

No but that is what was recommended
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    recommended by who? if you are using 1g per goal weight maybe - but the common recommendation I see is 1g per goal lean muscle mass (so assuming 200 is your goal weight with 17%BF - 166lbs LMM, so that should be your goal protein)
  • Morgaen73
    Options
    I worked out my macros according to this

http://physiqonomics.com/body-recomposition/