Weight not shifting

Options
Hi all, new to these boards...

I've been using MFP for a few weeks now, at first with a 1lbs/week loss target, then I upped it to 2 lbs/week, in the hope it would move things along.
I religiously track my food, stay within the calorie allowance of between 1 and 2 lbs and walk about 12k to 15k steps a day.

And yet, I am still the same weight I was when I started 5 weeks ago.

Anybody got any suggestions?!?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Need more information. Height, weight now, goal weight? Do you use a food scale to weigh everything? Calorie burns, how do you calculate them and do you eat them back? Have you lost no weight at all?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,195 Member
    Options
    Most likely there is an issue with your measuring or logging of your food. How do you measure your portion sizes? Do you verify that the numbers of the database entry you are using match up with the information you have for the food you are entering, or that they make sense?
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Have a read of the stickies at the top of all the sub-forums. There is a lot of tried and true information available there that will help you get the best out of MFP.

A food scale, and making sure you are using the appropriate entries should help you.

Cheers, h.
  • Schnecke70
    Schnecke70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Some more info: height 5'10, weight 14st. Target loss 2 lbs a week gives me 1230 calories a day.
    I weigh everything I eat and find most items on the diary logs. I register all homemade recipes in their entirety.

Calories burned come from the fit it app, and some days I dip into them, but never consume them all back.

Will have a look at the stickies.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    maybe it would be helpful if you made your diary open so we can see it.
  • hunhun57
    hunhun57 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking plenty of water? And sometimes people retain water. Some times changing one thing in your diet will help the weight come off.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Schnecke70 wrote: »
    Some more info: height 5'10, weight 14st. Target loss 2 lbs a week gives me 1230 calories a day.
    I weigh everything I eat and find most items on the diary logs. I register all homemade recipes in their entirety.

Calories burned come from the fit it app, and some days I dip into them, but never consume them all back.

Then something is off - the weight should be dropping off you.
    Are you choosing verified entries in the database?
    As others say, check out the Stickies.
    Logging every single morsel that goes in your mouth and keeping within allotted calories will see you lose weight.

All the best.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Schnecke70 wrote: »

All that being true, it may be time for a trip to the doctor.

9kliz0e7o5il.jpg
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    When you say you are the same weight as 5 weeks ago do you mean it hasn't lowered at all during this period or that it went down and then up again?