New To Fitnesspal, not new in my journey!

Options
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself!

Im Gary, im 34 and from Staten Island, NY.

I started my weightloss journey in May 2009 when I joined Weight Watchers online. I started at 476.6 lbs and my last official weigh-in, I was down to 272.6 for a total of 204 lbs lost. I am looking to get down to around 225 so Im almost there!

I enjoy running and a personal goal of mine is to to complete the ING NYC Marathon!

I created a website www.500lbs2marathon.com which I use to chronicle my journey and to hopefully motivate and inspire others to get healthier and more active.

Replies

• billuaa
    billuaa Posts: 56
    Options
    You have come so far already Gary, I think you will find MFP to help you through your journey! Good luck
  • 500lbs2marathon
    500lbs2marathon Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You have come so far already Gary, I think you will find MFP to help you through your journey! Good luck

Thank you!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    That's an amazing loss :smile: I have found MFP to be very helpful & I'm sure you will too. Good luck in the rest of your journey.
  • PecanTanDiva
    PecanTanDiva Posts: 162
    Options
    Yayyyyy Gary!!! You are doing awesome & I'm totally loving your profile picture :bigsmile:

This is a great place to be. My Fitness Pal offers tons of support. Congrats on your current success and continued success on with your weightloss journey & welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    Hi Gary!
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal, also known in my world as my new obsession!! Congrats on your journey...204 lbs is AMAZING!! This site is great, you'll meet so many wonderful people who are all on the same path towards health & fitness. Friend me if you want a buddy!!
    :drinker: (that's one cup coffee, one bottle water!!)
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    Thanx for the welcome :smooched:
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    Looking to meet some friends here, so if interested feel free to add me.

Thanx!
  • captnesshowdy7
    Options
    Gary, I forgot to ask...are you still doing WW along with MFP?
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    Gary, I forgot to ask...are you still doing WW along with MFP?

Yep still with WW!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    bump
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    bump!
  • timeforme23
    timeforme23 Posts: 461
    Options
    Wow! You look great :-) Thanks for being an inspiration already! good luck
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    Wow! You look great :-) Thanks for being an inspiration already! good luck

Thanx!!
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hy Gary!!! Found you!!!

: )

Gary is doing amazing - I have been following his journey, and am so impressed with all he has accomplished!!!

Welcome - I know I have been MIA on these boards lately, but I wanted to come back on to welcome you!!!
  • 500lbs2marathon
    Options
    Hy Gary!!! Found you!!!

: )

Gary is doing amazing - I have been following his journey, and am so impressed with all he has accomplished!!!

Welcome - I know I have been MIA on these boards lately, but I wanted to come back on to welcome you!!!

Thanx!!! :)