Breastfeeding Moms?!

Options
whittrey29
whittrey29 Posts: 1 Member
I started my fitness pal backup and I'm trying to get back in shape but I'm also breastfeeding and 10 weeks postpartum. Any advice on how to factor this into my calculations?

Replies

• redheather33
    redheather33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Following! Me too!
  • marzinator13
    marzinator13 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I question this also. What I heard was to add 500 calories. That is the extra you need while breastfeeding.
  • BubblyBritney
    BubblyBritney Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same! I'm 3 weeks PP and I've been eating around 2000cal a day. I'm breastfeeding and working out. My body doesn't feel hungry but I've been having dizzy spells so I wonder if I'm not eating enough.
  • KWeb125
    KWeb125 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm nursing my 20 month old, 4 times a day so I'd consider it part time I guess. I wondered as well, but I just set it up to lose .5 lbs a week (so it's more food than would if I set it to losing faster) & I eat my exercise calories & I figure the nursing calories are an added bonus. We'll see if it works :)
  • misssammyrusso
    misssammyrusso Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm literally the same with a 10 week old!
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm exclusively breastfeeding my 4-month-old and I'm losing about 500g to 1kg a week while eating upwards of 2500 calories a day. I'm 1.63m tall and I weigh 63kg.
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yay new babies! I've been at this since Feb when my exclusively breastfed baby was 7 months old. I started at about 2000 cal/day. I don't always add calories back. I've lost 20lbs. Don't stress your body, you are already in weight loss mode so just watch calories (stick to what MFP gives you as a starting point) and follow your body. If you feel dizzy or you're dropping weight really fast, up your calories. Y'all are doing great, I hope you all find success!
  • sabinaholtby
    sabinaholtby Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Also can we make a mama weight loss group? Is there one?
  • Rebecca_MT
    Rebecca_MT Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Same here! Am currently 7weeks pp and am breastfeeding my daughter. Was going to start the 30 day shred but dont know how to factor in extra calories so my supply isnt affected.
  • codygirlfriday
    codygirlfriday Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm about ten weeks pp also. I've been exercising a lot (about 4-5/week) and I'm eating around 2000 calories. So far so good for me!
  • Katie1232
    Katie1232 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Following. 11 days pp and have lost 22 lbs. But I have 30 more to go. I want to work out soon but am afraid of dropping my supply. Currently eating about 1,800 calories total.
  • misssammyrusso
    misssammyrusso Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »
    I'm exclusively breastfeeding my 4-month-old and I'm losing about 500g to 1kg a week while eating upwards of 2500 calories a day. I'm 1.63m tall and I weigh 63kg.

That's awesome! What excersise r you doing if any?