Looking for fellow weight loss surgery friends

Options
Hi there. My name is Stephanie and I had lapband surgery almost 15 months ago and I'm looking for others who have gone through something similar. I've lost 90lbs and still going. Went from 260 to 169.8. I would love to share stores, tips, and tricks for anyone else going through this same journey.

Replies

• kksmom1789
    kksmom1789 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    my husband has a consultation appointment next month for lap band surgery. I love hearing about your success he is pretty excited he has tried to lose weight for years now and nothing seemed to be working. I think he's nervous about what kinds of food to eat and avoid after the surgery. if you have any tips or tricks please let me know. Thank you!
  • scoffee0701
    scoffee0701 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I hope his consult goes great. I have just followed exactly what the doctors orders were to a T!! Everything I'm not supposed to eat post surgery, I don't. That's probably the best advice. And to listen to your body. As soon as you feel full, which will happen much sooner post lap band, stop eating. It's still hard not wanting to clear my plate still. Good luck to your husband.
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I had my surgery on March 27th (the band), and I have lost 37 so far. Glad to see your success.
  • thnkthin_Tee
    thnkthin_Tee Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Please add me too. I just recently had VSG on April 4th. So far I'm down 79 pounds total. And 44 lb down since surgery.
  • rou7e
    rou7e Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm about to have my lapband surgery in a few days. So glad I found someone on here who has it. I hope you don't mind if I add you!