HELP!! Wedding approaching!

Options
I NEED to lose 15lbs by my wedding. PLEASE give any tips! I know excercise is important but it ultimately comes down to what I eat.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    When is it?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Set MFP to lose .5 lbs/week. Do cardio to gain more calories and lift weights for better body composition.

I must ask, when is your wedding?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I NEED to lose 15lbs by my wedding. PLEASE give any tips! I know excercise is important but it ultimately comes down to what I eat.

eat less...

when is the wedding, and when is your final fitting?
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.

Plan on 7-15 weeks to lose 15 pounds safely and effectively.

• Julie_ann_james
    Julie_ann_james Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU Ready2Rock206! I am taking note of your advice and really appreciate it!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I mean, even by September is pretty last minute. I always wonder about the dress in these situations. You either end up with a dress that's too big you need last minute alterations with (good luck keeping on the good side of your dressmaker there). Or you bought one too small and run the very real risk of not being able to get it on at all. Again, more last minute alterations and a pissed dressmaker.

Buy a dress that fits. Enjoy your wedding. Start you weight loss last year.
  • lwilliams3025
    lwilliams3025 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I worked out how many calories i should be eating a day to lose 2lbs a week using a calculator tool through google. Then just set your calorie goal to that on mfp. Mine works out around 1300 cals a day for my weight height etc and have already lost 6lbs in first week (water weight) but still numbers coming down on scale.
    Losing 2lbs a week by sept you should easily achieve this...good luck with your journey
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    FYI - My wedding is in late September

phew!! you have time to lose it! :smiley: time to start logging accurately every single thing that you eat, move a bit more and you will be well on your way to being 15lbs lighter. Aim for 1lb per week. Which means you create a 500 calorie deficit every single day. Plug in your stats to MFP to lose that, you'll be given your daily calorie allowance. Stick to that and all will be well.

You don't have a lot to lose so please don't aim for rapid loss, take it slow and steady and you'll not feel deprived/hungry.

All the best :smile:
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Follow MFP with scales. Get a step tracker and try to get your 10k steps a day - will help the weightloss. Approaching the wedding you can have a body wrap to temporarily spot reduce what you didn't manage to loss. Ensure you buy a new bra a week before the wedding to reflect your new size
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Muana1005 wrote: »
    Follow MFP with scales. Get a step tracker and try to get your 10k steps a day - will help the weightloss. Approaching the wedding you can have a body wrap to temporarily spot reduce what you didn't manage to loss. Ensure you buy a new bra a week before the wedding to reflect your new size

That's bad advice, you want to be your final weight at your final fitting... not a week or day before your wedding.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options

Ensure you wear the bra you will wear on the day to your final fitting (and any undergarmets such as spanx). I wore spanx to my wedding and for photos and took off before reception (reception was at night and the professional photographer was gone by then). That way I got to sit comfortably/eat etc.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Get some digital kitchen scales and measures for liquids and log every thing that passes your lips for the next 3 months even condiments, if you have a bad day log it, be on here every day and look at prelogging your meals. If you want a piece of cake prelog it before you eat it, can you fit it in your cals? It's doable but you'll need to be dedicated to hit a pound a week.

You don't need to necessarily cut anything out of your diet but extra protein may keep you fuller for longer and although exercise isn't necessary it does earn you a few more cals and some wiggle room even if it's just upping your walking, you can get a fairly good basic pedometer for £10 online that will help motivate you to move more. Also strength training using your own body weight (squats, lunges, push ups, bicycle crunches, burpees etc) can help get your inches down (losing inches > pounds) x

congratulations and good luck xxx
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options

It comes down to how much (measured in calories) you eat. Not 'what'. Set MFP to lose .5 to 1 pound per week. Choose a reasonable activity level based on your job/hobbies/life. Accurately & honestly log your calories in using a food scale for solids.

Exercise is important for fitness and other reasons. And it factors into the 'calories out' portion of the CICO equation.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Its do-able. My wedding is at the end of August. I started my journey beginning of June. So far I am down 10lbs. I dont have very much to lose either. I bought my dress in Nov and it fit me perfect. Then gained 15lbs over the last 6 months. Had my 1st fitting end of May and the zipper wouldnt even do up. Had my 2nd dress fitting today and it fit me almost perfect. She told me I can lose up to 10 more lbs. My dress doesnt have any wiggle room as it is a mermaid. But it fits and I am so happy. But sticking with my weight loss as i know its harder to lose as your weight drops. SW 163 CW 153 GW 145 I am 5ft 4. My 1st month I did barely any exercise a few walks but watched everything I ate. And did the 16/8 fasting. Cut out most carbs except rice. And meal prepped. Goodluck
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

That's bad advice, you want to be your final weight at your final fitting... not a week or day before your wedding.

Seconding this advice. You want to stop losing when you're final fitting occurs, or you will end up crying because your dress won't stay up (hint: that was me). This is why shapewear was invented. Do what you can, but don't expect to lose after the final fitting or you might end up in a mess.