kierasayshi Posts: 67 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    1st goal would be to get back to 160

Long term goal is between 130-140.
  • StacywithaY
    StacywithaY Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I *think* I would be happy around 180, currently 215ish. I am 5'11 and was as low as 165 in HS, but then I was skinny fat. I want to be strong and lean now. About 10 yrs ago I was 180-190, but with some flab still. I think a leaner 180 would be good... it's hard telling tho, since I've never known myself as a lean, strong person.

These days I'll just be thrilled to get back below 200 :wink:
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I used to think I should be around 95-100 lbs, but over time, I have come to the conclusion that that probably isn't healthy. I'm about 5' tall, but I'm disabled. I have Spina Bifida which caused nerve damage from the waist down, so my legs didn't grow correctly, so they are very short. I have a torso the size of a 5'9" person. So, since most of your weight is in your torso, I really have no idea what I should weigh. It makes it hard to stay motivated to keep going really, because I really don't have a goal. I just have to go by what I look like. I don't even know realistically what size of pants or shirt I should try to get down to. I'd like to be a size 2, (currently a size 8, so I don't think that's unrealistic) but I have leg braces that require that I wear bigger jeans to accommodate the extra width of the braces, so a size 2 may not be feasible either.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know what I would be comfortable with. The lowest I remember being was 185 and that was not enough.

Looking at others that are my height I'm aiming for 155 to start and I will figure out where to go from that point. Just need to get there :)

50 to go
  • JammyWam_Zap
    JammyWam_Zap Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I was slim I weighed 187lb so that's my goal weight. I currently weigh 270lb so hopefully I'll achieve this weight loss by the end of the year.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Actual goal weight is 150 lbs, because that was my riding weight back when I was a serious cyclist.
  • VKali
    VKali Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Because of my height, I am suppose to weigh at the range of 114lbs to 144lbs. I am considered "Obese".

I'm 5'5
    BMI is: 30.8
    Starting weight : 189.8 lbs
    Current weight:. 184.2 lbs

Long term Goal: 125 lbs
    Short term goal : 140lbs

This journey has not been easy and I'm struggling. But I must do this for myself. I lack confidence and self esteem is low because of my weight.

So here I am. Not giving up but I need help.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 150lb. I absolutely love how I look around 150-160. Last time I was that weight I was running every night. This time though I'll be that weight while weightlifting so I have no clue what I'm going to look like at that weight. Though I'm pretty sure it will be awesome and with even more muscle tone.

After that who knows. I might try to see what's happening in the 135-145lb range just to see what's up but that would be pretty extreme for me. But most likely I'll get down to 150 and then start recomp.
  • fredericktambunan
    fredericktambunan Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Want to be 150 pounds or less, 145 to be exact.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Depends. For running performance or to look good on the beach, I'm at my fastest and leanest under 140 lbs. However if I'm not training for a race I look better and feel stronger at about 150 or higher.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    My first goal is 125. I'm around 150 lbs now
  • infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I started at 160, just over the line into obesity range. My first goal was 125, which was my wedding weight, but now I'm resetting that goal to 115, right in the middle of my ideal weight range (according to BMI). Back then I was playing soccer and running track and this time I'm lifting weights, so I'm interested in seeing what that looks like, but I'm willing to reevaluate when I get to 130, back within my ideal weight range.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Within the normal BMI range for my height, and after that, wherever I feel happy confident and done with weight loss. It will probably end up being 120-130 range but I am not particularly attached to those numbers. I would like to be in single digit clothes size (would be fine with 8) and I want to be strong and not squishy soft.

My doctor has never suggested a specific weight to me. No one ever does. They see my number on the scale and recommend I lose 5-10% of my weight but only halfheartedly. They know statistically it is unlikely that anyone who is obese will reach a healthy goal weight and maintain the loss long term.

I've already lost well beyond the doctor recommended goal - I'm down 25% from my highest weight and dropped from obese class II to the high end of overweight. I still have a while to go before I'm happy but things are progressing nicely.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    When I can confidently wear my favorite dress. I've got the confidence, but the material is kind of thin and it pulls just a touch at the buttons. And I'm not willing to wear it if I'm putting ANY stress on it, because I would be crushed if I tore the fabric. I haven't ever seen another like it.
  • erienneb66
    erienneb66 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have no idea because I'm so very heavy at this point. I'm 6' tall and as of this morning, 321.2 down from a solid 328. But I'm in smaller clothing than I was 3 years ago when I weighed only 307 because I lift heavy stuff all the time so my goals have changed.

Rather than saying I'd like to weigh 180 one day, I wanna get under 300. Then I want to get to where I'm squatting more than I weight (currently I squat 260). After that, I'll see. I don't so much care about the scale anymore, just body comp and my lifting numbers. I'd love to feel confident enough to compete, but I told myself that might never happen so I'll compete when my squat and dead are more than I weigh.
  • dnoble18
    dnoble18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm giving myself incremental goals, 10 lbs at a time. I get a massage every time I hit one. I don't want to put my real goal up for two reasons. First is that it's a really long way away from where I am, thus it would be depressing and discouraging. Two things I'm removing from my life. Second is that I don't have a weight goal. When I get to 190 I'll evaluate the situation. Until then, I'm fat and I need to lose weight. Simple.
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If nobody had ever told you how much you were supposed to weigh, when would you stop?
    What weight are you comfortable with?
    My goal weight is 115
    My actual goal weight is 140

My goal weight is avg. of 180 and then maintenance in the 175-185 range (with standard fluctuations). I think a few more months of hard work and I can get there.
  • NewYearNewMe140
    NewYearNewMe140 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think 140. I want to be slim with muscles!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    If nobody had ever told you how much you were supposed to weigh, when would you stop?
    What weight are you comfortable with?
    My goal weight is 115
    My actual goal weight is 140

My original goal weight was 100 lbs. back when I started on MFP several years ago. Now it's 110 lbs. and that's only so I can compete in the lowest weight class for my PL meet. I usually sit right around 115-118 lbs. with about 18-20% BF
  • bgpeck2
    bgpeck2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, from reading through, I guess I'll be the supersized one to say something...currently, I'm staring down the barrel for 438...my "target" at this point in time is going to be 325...this is just a random number that I have pulled down, becuase I know that it has to be a heck of a lot healthier than what I'm at now, and for being 6' with some muscles buried under there somewhere, I don't think it's that bad...however, once it attained, then we will re-evaluate and see if i need to lose more. If I'm happy with that weight, and healthy, screw what the rest of the worlds opinions are of me...