What to make with salted cashews/almonds

Options
My in-laws gave me a large bag of salted almonds and another of salted cashews for the holidays. I have slowly been eating through the bags, but to be honest, nuts are getting boring. I've made almond butter and cashew butter. Any recipe ideas on what I can do with the rest? Note: they are whole salted nuts.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Put them in brownies or flapjack or add them & chocolate drops to porridge or yoghurt?
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Honestly I throw almonds in salads. Spinach, dried cranberries, feta, almonds, and (I know this sounds bizarro but YUM) jalapeños with a raspberry vinaigrette is delicious. Almonds go great with green beans too.

For the cashews, there's a great broccoli with garlic butter and cashews recipe on allrecipes dot com. If you're into that you can make cashew cheese. I've also had a collard green salad (wilted in lime) with cashews that was pretty good.

You could also season the crap out of them---maybe some dill and lime?
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Buy some raisins and M&Ms and mixed them together for trail mix.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I like ground nuts sprinkled on the bottom of tart or pie shell dough.

I use them as a topping on ice cream, in salads, crushed as part of a crust for fish/chicken/pork or mixed with panko and grated cheese as a crunchy breading on a casserole or gratin.

Honestly, I just don't use them all that much and only buy when a recipe calls for them.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    make some fruit muffins and put a few in
  • HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Food processor them and use it as breading on baked chicken or fish
  • sarraheclark
    sarraheclark Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! Decision made: two batches of banana nut muffins and a bag of trail mix.