Lose and then gain

Options
Lost 30 gained back 10. Sigh. Need to get my head back in the game. I quit keeping track on MFP. Hopefully keeping track again will turn things around.

Replies

• oliverwnc
    oliverwnc Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ...doesn't that mean you're down 20lbs from where you started? Sounds like pretty good work to me!

Don't forget the massive impact of glycogen in your muscles and water retention. When you're in a calorie deficit, your body is depleted. When you pick it back up to maintenance, your body will store some carbs in your muscles and they, in turn, store water. That can cause massive weight fluctuations in a short period of time. But it's not fat, and it's nothing to worry about.

If you're struggling to keep weight off after your lose it, and if you are picking up some of that fat that you lost, then try a slow reverse diet rather than anything sudden.

Good luck!
  • mfp302
    mfp302 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lost 60, gained 60 here... trying to get back in the game
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Lost 15 last year and gained 17:( Lost 17 this year and committed to staying in line to lose the last 25 this year! I did curves many yrs back and one thing that stuck with me was that when you get to maintenance to weigh weekly and if you ever get 3 lbs over your maintenance weight you should drop your cals down for a week or two to drop the weight before it becomes a problem. I feel like MFP is a great tool to lose and will continue to be a good tool in maintenance. I am determined to get to a weight I WANT to maintain ;)