Workout Shoes

Options
Sherie13
Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
Fit Flops, Easy-Tone, Shape-Ups...

Do you use these or other brands of shoes that should work you out while you walk? Do they work for you? It's hard to see myself shelling out $50 for flip flops or $100-200 for sneakers or boots without knowing if they really work.

What's your experience with these?

Replies

• Bikerangie
    Options
    I had a pair of Reebok Train Tones. I liked them a lot - very comfortable - but after about a month of working out in them my knees hurt like crazy. I retired them immediately and my knees are now just fine. YMMV!
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I use New Balance Nergy training shoes, but i do INSANITY. I also have externally rotated hips, so my feet roll over the out side of my shoes. these sneakers really help with that and offer the right support, a flatter arch.. perfect for all the plyometrics i do & high impact workouts :D
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I owned a pair of shape ups and ended up going to the doctor because of shin splints. I have a friend that had a pair and she did fine though. It's definitely your own personal experience though.
  • TiffyCooper
    Options
    I own a pair of shape ups that I LOVE! I don't wear them all the time, only when I am going walking for long periods of time, and when I work out on the elliptical. If you want a challenge, try THAT! LOL! But my shape ups are VERY comfortable. I have only started using them within the past week, so I really cannot say that I see a difference yet.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I bought Danskin's version of Tone ups and they worked for me. They keep me from hurting my heels and I feel very comfortable in them .. so I wear them all day long. :happy:
  • TiffyCooper
    Options
    I own a pair of shape ups that I LOVE! I don't wear them all the time, only when I am going walking for long periods of time, and when I work out on the elliptical. If you want a challenge, try THAT! LOL! But my shape ups are VERY comfortable. I have only started using them within the past week, so I really cannot say that I see a difference yet.
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I bought Danskin's version of Tone ups and they worked for me. They keep me from hurting my heels and I feel very comfortable in them .. so I wear them all day long. :happy:
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I wear fit-flops, but only for comfort.... not sure if they have helped with toning up
  • LMorrison1009
    LMorrison1009 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of new balance toning shoes. They don't seem to have made a huge difference. They are comfortable for walking, but not jogging... Something about the insoles really hurts me heel when I try to jog. Unfortunately, I spent about $100 on them, and have to work with them for a while.
  • Saved06
    Saved06 Posts: 3
    Options
    In the research I've read they say it will help minimally with toning but not enough to make a visible difference. Personally I'd rather spend my money on a good pair of running sneakers are hit the pavement.
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Hmmm ... I can imagine this is as important as running shoes, although admittedly I have a pair of "back-up" sneakers for my non-running activities. Interested to see the rest of the thread, though.
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone for all your input! I walk to work and so i was considering getting some of these... This has helped a lot! :smile: