We teamed up to loose weight and ended up gaining so much more! Pictures included!

Options
jjohnstonlni
jjohnstonlni Posts: 42 Member
edited June 2017 in Success Stories
ssle51fuublh.jpg
5qq417432458.jpg
brrxzlooe8tg.jpg
gbgde0kx5aq8.jpg
rv2wzs5ygyt6.jpg
ojfieyzkvb54.png
I've lost 80 lbs in one years time and Lauren has lost 30 pounds in 6 months time. Our secret? Each other!

I met Lauren last year in 2016 at the church we were both attending. I was on my weight loss journey but had stalled big time. I wasn't motivated to keep going and I really needed a lifeline. I was also very lonely in general. I had a busy career, two young kids, and a husband but still felt this deep longing for a solid friendship with someone on the same page as I was.
As we entered 2017 Lauren and I committed to losing weight together. We traded phone numbers and agreed to hold each other accountable with lots of communication, goal sharing, and most importantly-encouragement.
As I got to know Lauren better I started to realize it was the friendship I had been needing so desperately. We had the most random things in common, from our ages (she's a few days older ;), to the same wedding band sets, to the same refrigerators.
With accountability came great results for both of us. Through calorie counting in MFP and regular exercise we made our goals and then some!
Our advice to you? Find a friend! No it doesn't have to turn into bff-ness like we did, but you do need to stick close together.
Share your goals, road blocks, victories, and whatever else is going down in the day to day. Be committed to being your buddy's cheerleader!
As we enter maintenance the task of sticking to our new smaller sizes doesn't even really feel like a task anymore. We still have weekly goals we'll stick with, and hold each other accountable to, but most importantly we know the other friend won't let us slide back to where we were and THATS the secret ❤️.

Replies

• dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you both on your weight loss and your friendship.
  • lrozell87
    lrozell87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This has truly been life-changing. Went through one of the best experiences I have ever had in life with what is now my best friend. Our goals seemed so far away but it has been the funnest ride. So much love to you!! ❤❤
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story of friendship and weight loss success. Beautiful kids as well. Keep up the good work.
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I love your story! Having a strong support system is definitely key for sustainability. It's great that you two had each other to lean on for support and motivation. You both look great, congrats!
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful. Friends are the best. <3

• dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you ladies found each other and can support one another. I now have a friend who I walk with and we support each other. Our sons were friends first and New we are friends. You need help to get through his life and it's great to have a friend by your side.
  • jjohnstonlni
    jjohnstonlni Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    dorisj717 wrote: »
    I'm glad you ladies found each other and can support one another. I now have a friend who I walk with and we support each other. Our sons were friends first and New we are friends. You need help to get through his life and it's great to have a friend by your side.
    I'm glad you found someone!

• wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Such a wonderful story! This is something I need, as well. :)
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Congrats!! Your families are beautiful. I love how the baby is staring right at the camera.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!