Swim 100 miles in 2017

Options
2»

Replies

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    vixta76 wrote: »
    I find that I can swim 26 lengths (800 mtr) in 26mins but have levelled out and don't move faster. Yours is a good way to increase as its 6 extra lengths in four mins. I'll have to get a shift on.

30 meter pool? That is a bizarre length
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    97.44 miles - so close!
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 20.16 miles so far.........yay!
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Steff46 wrote: »
    I'm up to 20.16 miles so far.........yay!

Keep it up!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I haven't kept track, but thanks for the idea of a goal for myself. I have to up my time in the pool, I signed up for a 1.2 mile open water swim in August. If it was a pool, no problem...open water scares me.
  • Steff46
    Options
    I did an open water swim last Friday and I'm so congested that I might miss out on my swims this week:( Oh well. I'm signed up for an open water swim in August too! followed by a bike and run! Woohoo!
  • Alidecker
    Options
    I did an open water swim last Friday and I'm so congested that I might miss out on my swims this week:( Oh well. I'm signed up for an open water swim in August too! followed by a bike and run! Woohoo!

I usually do an open water swim triathlon in August, but the swim is my favorite part and the shortest...so I thought I would try to do a long swim instead. Hopefully I don't regret it.
  • Steff46
    Options
    Sorry, my tri is in Augusta...lol. I am so nervous about it I saw (and typed) August but thought it was Augusta.
    I'm up to 22.53 miles now. I'm moving up to 3 swims a week this week so maybe my totals will get better.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options

yay!!!! :smiley:

so thinking that we are halfway through the year - upping goal to 200miles.......seems doable?......
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Alidecker wrote: »

I usually do an open water swim triathlon in August, but the swim is my favorite part and the shortest...so I thought I would try to do a long swim instead. Hopefully I don't regret it.

have you seen the ads for ISOman? basically its a triathlon where all the legs should take roughly the same amount of time - they are trying to bring to the US next year

its a 7mile swim, 90mile bike and marathon (I'd have to double check distances) - one of the prizes is to the person who had the most equal for each of the three legs
  • Alidecker
    Options

have you seen the ads for ISOman? basically its a triathlon where all the legs should take roughly the same amount of time - they are trying to bring to the US next year

its a 7mile swim, 90mile bike and marathon (I'd have to double check distances) - one of the prizes is to the person who had the most equal for each of the three legs

7 mile swim would be killer :o (well so would the rest of it, but that is a long swim)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

7 mile swim would be killer :o (well so would the rest of it, but that is a long swim)

I am fairly certain that a 7 mile swim would take me as long as the bike ride and marathon combined, if not longer. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get on a bike after that either!
  • Steff46
    Options
    I'm up to 28.21 miles! Yay! I got the ick from an open water swim and missed two swims:( oh well...lol. Back on track now. :)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

I am fairly certain that a 7 mile swim would take me as long as the bike ride and marathon combined, if not longer. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get on a bike after that either!

one of the race awards is who gets the closest similar time in all 3 legs (approx. 5hours)