eimaj5575
eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
edited June 2017 in Motivation and Support
What keeps you motivated?

Replies

• Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm not super motivated. I have a o make some healthy changes and I am choosing a few to start with that I am turning into habits.

I get a reward for exercising 5 days a week for a month. I am so close I don't want to lose it, so exercise is a priority.

My diary is open, so I feel like I need to be honest about what I am recording.
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    It's less about Motivation and more about Habit and Dedication. You do it because it needs to be done. Motivation will come and go, you have to just do it regardless. :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Motivation is a fleeting emotion...ultimately it comes down to discipline and commitment and habit. We all do things every single day for which we are not motivated...I'm rarely if ever motivated to do the dishes or clean the bathroom or vacuum the house, etc...but I do these things because they need doing as the alternative would be living in a *kitten* hole...I have to take care of my house. Your body is your house...take care of your house.

As exercise goes, do things you enjoy...it makes it much easier. I like cycling and have recently gotten into climbing. Most of my exercise is just recreational activity done with a more vigorous effort.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Motivation is a fleeting emotion...ultimately it comes down to discipline and commitment and habit. We all do things every single day for which we are not motivated...I'm rarely if ever motivated to do the dishes or clean the bathroom or vacuum the house, etc...but I do these things because they need doing as the alternative would be living in a *kitten* hole...I have to take care of my house. Your body is your house...take care of your house.

As exercise goes, do things you enjoy...it makes it much easier. I like cycling and have recently gotten into climbing. Most of my exercise is just recreational activity done with a more vigorous effort.

This!