How to cut back Carbs??

Options
I seriously feel like no matter how much I cut out of my diet I can not get my carbs to be 40% of my diet. I try to stick to the 40/40/20

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Look at your diary, note the foods that are highest in carbohydrates, and either find substitutions for them or have smaller portions.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    maybe open your diary so we can see what your eating. MORE protein.
  • KelBgess
    KelBgess Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The type of carbs makes a difference, IMO. Cut bad carbs, breads, white rice, pasta, etc. and add good carbs, veggies, quinoa, brown rice, etc. I also agree with increasing protein. Good luck.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    No such thing as "bad" carbs...
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Depends on why you want to cut carbs - what's your reason? You may not need to cut carbs at all.

But if you do want/need to cut back on carbs, it's not too hard. Focus your meals on veggies, meat and healthy fats. Avoid sugar, grain and starch.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Look at your diary, note the foods that are highest in carbohydrates, and either find substitutions for them or have smaller portions.

This is exactly how I cut carbs. A sandwich? One slice of bread instead of two. Taco/Burrito? Put it in a bowl and skip the shell. More meat, less pasta in my spaghetti. (Adding more fats as I lowered carbs also helped me to feel full longer)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Exactly this.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    As long as you are getting enough fat and protein, it does not matter how many carbs you eat.