Getting there: 17lbs in 3 months

Options
I'm pretty hesitant to post but it's really helped me to see others "during" the process and not just the end results (which are awesome too) but sometimes it can seem so far away!

I started 1/24/17 at 150lbs and I'm 5'1". I have twins that are now 2 and I just didn't lose the weight like I thought I would. Finally after being more intentional and mindful about portion size and daily exercise I'm down to my pre-pregnancy size and weigh 133. I still have more to go and would like to lose another 13lbs.

6kis279tgs2a.jpg

Replies

• liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!!
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • elenasmile81
    elenasmile81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Bravo!
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Love them results!
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You are looking great!
  • mikusfikus
    mikusfikus Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Great job!!! We have similar stats and I've been trying since February but can't seem to get it together. You are an inspiration for sure! I'm 5'1.5" (always have to add that half lol) and 146 and trying ultimately to get to 130. How many calories a day are you eating? I've been reading that for my height people tend to lose best at 1200 per day but that seems really low to me. And I love wine, so that doesn't help. Lol
  • ennuiblu
    ennuiblu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WOW! Such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing!
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!! You are doing great! so inspiring!!
  • rlynnlopez2017
    rlynnlopez2017 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started at 1400 calories for about a month to lose 1lb per week then went to 1200 I eat back some or most calories. I find I'm hungrier on days I don't exercise which might just be boredom? But I've adjusted to 1200 per day but it take a bit to adjust. I'm not very restrictive in what I eat I just do smaller portions and eat a little throughout the day to stay within the limits and never get "hangry" because then I lose control.

I recently got a fibit charge 2 and that's really helped know how many calories I'm burning. I still indulge and have chocolate and sometimes a drink but I account for it in my daily intake and plan for it. What's been hardest is not eating as much as my husband who is almost 6ft and athletic! Lol I think over the years I started eating like I was 10 inches taller than I am! Good luck! Consistency and patience is key.
  • BettyDares
    BettyDares Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
    What's been hardest is not eating as much as my husband who is almost 6ft and athletic! Lol I think over the years I started eating like I was 10 inches taller than I am! Good luck! Consistency and patience is key.

OMG... I so relate to this! My boyfriend is about 10" taller than me and I feel the same way. I'm all trying to be like: 'six pieces of pizza is a totes normal amount... oh wait, for me, maybe it's not. :'(

• mikusfikus
    mikusfikus Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! That's really helpful.
  • MorbidCutie575
    MorbidCutie575 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look great! I'm 5'2 and currently 163lbs. I was 189lbs when I gave birth to my daughter May 2015. Thanks for sharing how you've made it to where you are currently! It's very hard for us shorties to lose weight, but you've shown that it can be done
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I'm 5'0 and my husband is 5'7...not incredibly tall but I was eating as much as him and weighed as much as him....not quite as flattering on my 5'0 frame :-/ I've lost 15 since feb with 25ish to go. Shorties unite! ;^)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Nice work!
  • rlynnlopez2017
    Options
    You look awesome! I'm 5'0 and my husband is 5'7...not incredibly tall but I was eating as much as him and weighed as much as him....not quite as flattering on my 5'0 frame :-/ I've lost 15 since feb with 25ish to go. Shorties unite! ;^)

Haha yes! We shorties need to stick together! I've started using smaller plates and that's helped me get used to smaller portions.

Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome! Feel free to add me if you're looking for more motivation.
  • rlynnlopez2017
    Options
    You look great! I'm 5'2 and currently 163lbs. I was 189lbs when I gave birth to my daughter May 2015. Thanks for sharing how you've made it to where you are currently! It's very hard for us shorties to lose weight, but you've shown that it can be done

It's very hard! I knew my body would be different after giving birth but wow I was still not prepared for the changes! My girls were born March 2015 so we're on a similar time frame! Even now I'm down to pre pregnancy weight and clothes (finally) but my body is a little softer to say the least! I understand how hard it is but stick with it! But hey, doing anything is better than nothing right!? :smile:
  • shabanabibi1986
    shabanabibi1986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I started at 1400 calories for about a month to lose 1lb per week then went to 1200 I eat back some or most calories. I find I'm hungrier on days I don't exercise which might just be boredom? But I've adjusted to 1200 per day but it take a bit to adjust. I'm not very restrictive in what I eat I just do smaller portions and eat a little throughout the day to stay within the limits and never get "hangry" because then I lose control.

I recently got a fibit charge 2 and that's really helped know how many calories I'm burning. I still indulge and have chocolate and sometimes a drink but I account for it in my daily intake and plan for it. What's been hardest is not eating as much as my husband who is almost 6ft and athletic! Lol I think over the years I started eating like I was 10 inches taller than I am! Good luck! Consistency and patience is key.

Congrats on your progress. I know what u mean about ur husband. I'm 4 '11 and my husband is 5'10 and has a very physical job so he can eat. Most of my weight gain was eating like him, now i know better. Lol.
  • tuztuz
    tuztuz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great!!
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It looks like you've lost more! And lovely smile too! Great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!