Fit bit syncing x

Options
I've connected my fit bit to my fitness but it's not using the data on iPhone steps monitor x can anyone help?

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    If you have connected a Fitbit activity tracker, you should use the Fitbit as your Step Source, not the iPhone as the Step Source.

​​If MFP and Fitbit are synced but you are not seeing Fitbit steps, on the MFP mobile app go to Menu > Steps, or on the web version go to APPS > Steps, and make sure Fitbit Tracker is selected as the Step Source.
  • Lkav88
    Lkav88 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I got a Fitbit today also, have been having same issue, have now done as cyber suggested and now showing as Fitbit adjustment :)

Now it's updating steps with Fitbit will it auto add exercise? I use MapMyWalk and add my own exercise in like wii fit - will the Fitbit now take over? Or will I still need to add these in?

Thanks for help!!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Lkav88 wrote: »
    I got a Fitbit today also, have been having same issue, have now done as cyber suggested and now showing as Fitbit adjustment :)

Now it's updating steps with Fitbit will it auto add exercise? I use MapMyWalk and add my own exercise in like wii fit - will the Fitbit now take over? Or will I still need to add these in?

Thanks for help!!

You will only get a single Fitbit Calorie Adjustment labeled as "Exercise" that will change throughout the day each time MFP and Fitbit sync. Individual Fitbit activities will not show in MFP; that is normal.

I would recommend enabling negative adjustments. With negative adjustments enabled, it does not matter which MFP Activity Level you chose, because the adjustments will either add Calories - at that point of time in the day when the two programs sync - if you move more than MFP estimates, or it will subtract Calories if you move less than MFP estimates. The final sync will happen at 11:59 PM.

I would recommend reading through the first three posts in this thread on the MFP Fitbit Users group...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • Lkav88
    Lkav88 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!