The Keto Diet

Options
How to start the Leto Diet?

I've been consuming minimum of 150 carbs a day. Yes, I lost weight, but I'm like skinny fat. I've always wanted to get rid most of my fats specially in my thigh area. My friend suggested The Keto Diet, but I don't know how to start. Should I start with 50g of Carbs a day for few weeks? Or should I jump right to 15-30g? I've always wanted to get fit, less fat but not masculine. Please help.

Replies

• amandamomof5
    amandamomof5 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Join the Ketogenic Sucess group on Facebook. Most of us try to stay at 20 carbs a day.
  • jsfitness7
    jsfitness7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will definitely join the group.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Losing fat requires you to be in a calorie deficit, it doesn't require a certain macro breakdown or restricting certain food groups.

To look less fat you need to lose fat. You may even need to build muscle if you don't have a lot, but that's a separate process. Lifting weights whilst you lose fat will help retain the muscle you do have - this is a good thing as building muscle is a difficult process. I'm guessing you're female (if you don't want to look masculine) - building muscle is even more difficult for us, and not likely to happen to a great extent without massive effort, focus and commitment to training and eating to support growth.

Being fit can be achieved without weight loss or muscle gain. Anything that improves your cardio fitness will make you more fit.
    Right on the money',

Keto isn't a magical fatloss unicorn, With the same deficit as higher carb (excepting the initial water weight drop), the weight loss from any diet with the same deficit is the same. It's science.

If you're at goal weight, do recomp (eat at maintenance and start a lifting/weight resistance (weight progressive) program. If not, keep plugging away.
  • cafstrategies
    cafstrategies Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stubborn fat isn't so much about going on one diet or another. See, what you're struggling with is the subcutaneous fat, this is the fat stuck to your skin, and away from the organs. It's that stubborn fat. It requires a high nutrient based diet, coupled with high fat and mid protein levels. Try Cryotherapy, or use daily ice showers, in order to activate the remaining BAT tissue.

Also, consider weight lifting as well. Building muscle in the areas that you want to shape the most are the best way to really take control of the shape of your body.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily group forum here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Stubborn fat isn't so much about going on one diet or another. See, what you're struggling with is the subcutaneous fat, this is the fat stuck to your skin, and away from the organs. It's that stubborn fat. It requires a high nutrient based diet, coupled with high fat and mid protein levels. Try Cryotherapy, or use daily ice showers, in order to activate the remaining BAT tissue.

Also, consider weight lifting as well. Building muscle in the areas that you want to shape the most are the best way to really take control of the shape of your body.

It requires less calorie and a structured lifting regimen, not ice showers...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Losing fat requires you to be in a calorie deficit, it doesn't require a certain macro breakdown or restricting certain food groups.

To look less fat you need to lose fat. You may even need to build muscle if you don't have a lot, but that's a separate process. Lifting weights whilst you lose fat will help retain the muscle you do have - this is a good thing as building muscle is a difficult process. I'm guessing you're female (if you don't want to look masculine) - building muscle is even more difficult for us, and not likely to happen to a great extent without massive effort, focus and commitment to training and eating to support growth.

Being fit can be achieved without weight loss or muscle gain. Anything that improves your cardio fitness will make you more fit.

This
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

lol...ice showers to lose fat?? did you really just say that??
  • tashygolean730
    tashygolean730 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You need to lift. Skinny fat doesn't go away by losing more fat. It is also extremely difficult for women to build muscle. You are not going to look masculine without extreme effort, time, and possibly steroids. So don't be afraid of weights.
  • ManBehindTheMask
    ManBehindTheMask Posts: 615 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    xuqgujhrcq8r.png
    jsfitness7 wrote: »
    How to start the Leto Diet?

I've been consuming minimum of 150 carbs a day. Yes, I lost weight, but I'm like skinny fat. I've always wanted to get rid most of my fats specially in my thigh area. My friend suggested The Keto Diet, but I don't know how to start. Should I start with 50g of Carbs a day for few weeks? Or should I jump right to 15-30g? I've always wanted to get fit, less fat but not masculine. Please help.

• lilolilo920
    lilolilo920 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

This ^^
    No ice showers. Progressive lifting routine.