Healthy recipes!

Options
meggybooo
meggybooo Posts: 8 Member
edited June 2017 in Recipes
I am in desperate need of low fat and low carb recipes. I enjoy adding a little garlic to my food for taste and my favorite meats (big meat eater) are chicken, beef, turkey, and pork. I also loveee potatoes which makes things difficult because they are so bad for you. I am also not a big fan of super spicy things. Please help!!

Replies

• kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can still eat your favorite foods, just prepare them a little differently and eat a smaller portion :) Do you own a grill (indoor or outdoor)? A simple marinade can do wonders for chicken, turkey and pork. Grill it up and serve with veggies or a salad.

I also LOVE potatoes! You can still have your potatoes, just limit the oil, butter, sour cream, etc. I like them roasted with a little olive oil and my favorite seasoning blend which is far healthier than the way I pan-fried them before.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've started really liking turkey burgers after avoiding them for years. I like to add some jalapenos to the mix and then eat it with salsa or guac on top (no bun). You could add your favorite burger fixings and then wrap it in lettuce.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/39748/actually-delicious-turkey-burgers/
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,133 Member
    Options
    meggybooo wrote: »
    I am in desperate need of low fat and low carb recipes. I enjoy adding a little garlic to my food for taste and my favorite meats (big meat eater) are chicken, beef, turkey, and pork. I also loveee potatoes which makes things difficult because they are so bad for you. I am also not a big fan of super spicy things. Please help!!

First, potatoes are not bad for you. You could live on nothing but potatoes and do quite well healthwise. They are also quiet satiating, filling you up and keeping you full.

Second, why low fat and low carb?
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    1.) Grill. Everything.
    2.) If you can't grill it, roast it.
    3.) Don't work against yourself. Eat potatoes if they make you happy, just be mindful of volume and accoutrements.
  • bettycooker
    bettycooker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, Pinterest is my best friend! Just search what you're in the mood for like: "low fat low calorie chicken recipes". ..