Body shaming

Options
Hi everyone! Took a leap of faith and went to my first gym induction today. Im just a little over 15 stone, and i feel like i need to make a change (im 23) i feel disgusted for letting myself get to this. I felt okay at the gym, but i feel like im gonna get body shamed sooner or later. Any advice?:)

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I think you are creating something in your mind that probably won't ever happen. People pretty much pay attention to themselves at the gym. The only time I've ever taken notice of anyone at the gym when I went, was if they were in my way. Just go and ignore everyone else.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Basically what musicfan68 said. You go there and do you and no one will really ever bother you. Most gym regulars who are there for fitness will only give encouragement to newcomers who are there to make a change. Also don't be afraid to ask for advice or help with doing something new, no one will look down on you (we all started out at the same place) and most people really actually enjoy taking the time to help and teach, just avoid the people with headphones in and the 1000 mile stare they are in the zone and should not be messed with :tongue:
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above comments, no one is looking at you and no one is passing judgement. Everyone is there for the same reason, even those who are now butterflies were once caterpillars :smiley:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can get body shamed looking any which way. You can't control what people think about you, so there's not really any point worrying about it. Be confident in yourself and your own efforts to change your physique, that's what counts!