Putting It Out There

Options
tomorrowmaynotcome
tomorrowmaynotcome Posts: 6 Member
edited June 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I'm a procrastinator, always have been. Recently I was told if I didn't change my lifestyle soon I was reducing my life by 10-20 years with an possible serious event risk in the next 5-10 years. In March I began the journey to a new me and MyFitnessPal has been a great tool. I've lost 15 lbs so far which may seem low but my doctor instructed me to start slow and focus on making permanent lifestyle changes, not temporary ones. I have high blood pressure, Acid Reflux and now Diabetes. I suffer from Gout attacks and my knees, back and feet ache all the time. Time to change my ways. Here's how I look today at 273 lbs, putting it out there for the world to see.

orskaiu4pnmi.jpg

Replies

• cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    wtg for making the decision to improve yourself, it's hard as hell!! and 15# since march is a great accomplishment. seriously.
  • Tazzie0208
    Tazzie0208 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    you will get far and you will meet your goals, first step is to be true to yourself and commit. Do your research, eat the most simple recipes... from broiled meats to steamed veggies... prep your daily meals... it's all kind of hard at the beginning, but as you see results and you organize yourself, it will become easier for you. Things will get better!! Best of lucks!!!
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Good Job buddy. Everyone and I mean Everyone starts somewhere with a goal to improve themselves. We are joined together by that common goal. The road is long, but if you stay with it, you'll be amazed at what a year can bring.
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    15 is awesome, and good for you for making the change. Keep it up!
  • hlk545
    hlk545 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You're off to a great start! 15lbs is awesome.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    15lbs is a great start!
  • tomorrowmaynotcome
    tomorrowmaynotcome Posts: 6 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thank you for all the supporting comments. Upwards and onwards.
  • NapalmZygote
    NapalmZygote Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, man.
    Side note regarding gout: I had had random attacks never knowing what it was until 2011 (that's when I moved to Europe) and a doctor here diagnosed me pretty quickly. So now I take half a tab of Allopurinol daily. Look into this med (Wikipedia) or ask your doctor... I recommend it only because I've had no recurrence in 6+ years now. Good luck!
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    awesome Mr.T man.... welcome to the journey of your life...
  • walking4me2day
    walking4me2day Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    15 lb is great.. I look forward to the day I can announce 15. Keep up the good work.
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm not trying to add to the scare factor at all, but I just lost my 46 year old mother a couple of weeks ago to a massive heart attack from heart disease she didn't even realize she had. She paid no attention to her lifestyle, weight, health... So good for you for taking this big, but so important step and best of luck on your journey!
  • tonyamorgan75
    tonyamorgan75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am super proud of your strength; having the courage to put yourself out there is the first step towards the new you
  • leapfrog3054
    leapfrog3054 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Tomorrowmaynotcome thanks for sharing! You look like you could be my little brother! Let's do this and become the change others want to see in their lives!!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I started at 272.4 17 months and 20 days ago. That photo <-- was taken last week. That shirt is 14.5" neck, 34" sleeves, and Brooks Brothers Regent fit. The trousers, not visible, are 32/32. Yes, I started at 272.4 very ignorant of how to proceed. I learned fast. You will learn quickly. I lost weight. You will lose weight. There is no going back for me, and there will be no going back for you. Oh, I need to add, I no longer am medicated for high blood pressure.