Sweet potato toast

Options
graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
Ok, I'm hopping on the wagon...but I keep burning it! Any tips on the perfectly cooked sweet potato toast?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You mean slices of sweet potato?
    Bake it?
  • rjl1208
    rjl1208 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Weird! I always have to toast it several times. Probably just turn down the heat
  • leona0715
    leona0715 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes I'd turn down the heat so you can cook it longer. Are you putting anything on top? I'd love to know!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I'd think a toaster oven would work best
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sorry for the ignorance, but what is sweet potato toast and how do you make it?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Many toasters don't have adjustable heat, only adjustable time. Either toast it i=n shorter bursts, or use a toaster oven or bake it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Avocado toast = avocado with toast. That's why the name is confusing. To me, toasted sweet potatoes would be called, well, toasted sweet potatoes (and I don't think of it as cooking well if just toasted, but I don't have a toaster oven (or even a toaster). I like my sweet potatoes roasted!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Never ever heard of toasting a sweet potato. Baking, roasting yes. Seems like toasting it would be an effort in futility
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I have to bake mine for an hour, how the heck does it cook adequately in a toaster oven on toast setting which is max 5 minutes?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have to bake mine for an hour, how the heck does it cook adequately in a toaster oven on toast setting which is max 5 minutes?

I don't do an hour, but at least 30 minutes even when cut into pieces and at 400 or more. That's exactly what was confusing me about the toasting concept!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Well, darn. I don't have a toaster oven. Now I'm going to have to experiment with a griddle to see if I can get sweet potato thin slices cooked to perfection.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    There are videos online on how to do it. I would check those out :) I have wanted to try it too!