Hawaiian Vacation in September!

Options
stevenser84
stevenser84 Posts: 8 Member
Alright, everyone! I've been using MyFitnessPal for 2 years now, but not consistently. That HAS to change. I have a vacation to Maui planned for the week after Labor Day and I'd really like to not look like a beached whale while laying out on the beautiful white sand. It would be insulting to the sand! Anyway, I've got about 30/40 lbs to lose and I'd love to add some friends for support along the way! Add me and let's build each other up! This won't be easy...

God speed!

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You can do it stay focused and log EVERY day.

I am going to Maui this Saturday for a week. My goal beginning of the year was to get into a two piece and look decent. I've achieved that goal. I am not where I want to be but the two piece looks good!

So you can do it!!!
  • stevenser84
    stevenser84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Good for you!!! That's incredible! May your story inspire me!
  • ramskermfc
    ramskermfc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    LOL . . . I can sympathize with the Hawaii goal. We went a few years back with some friends and the motivation not to be the most out of shape person among them was sky high. Did not want that captured in pictures for perpetuity. Just keep consistent and work hard and you can make a big change in a few months. Every time you want to go down the cheat meal road and every time you are in the gym . . . just picture yourself with your improved look walking along the beach.
  • kenziberry
    kenziberry Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have always wanted to go to hawaii!!
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I used to live on O'ahu and visited Maui a lot. You've got this. Oh and the sand there isn't white ;) There are black and red sand beaches there though!!
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    We are going to Hawaii in December; Maui and Oahu. My goal is to lose 35 lbs before that trip. I have my weekly weight loss setup for 1.5lbs a week. I figure that should get me there in the six months between now and then.

30 to 40lbs in three months is pretty aggressive. I don't know if that is really a doable target given the short time frame.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Alright, everyone! I've been using MyFitnessPal for 2 years now, but not consistently. That HAS to change. I have a vacation to Maui planned for the week after Labor Day and I'd really like to not look like a beached whale while laying out on the beautiful white sand. It would be insulting to the sand! Anyway, I've got about 30/40 lbs to lose and I'd love to add some friends for support along the way! Add me and let's build each other up! This won't be easy...

God speed!

You have to do the bike ride down the Haleakalā mountain!! Soooo much fun!

I was thankful that I maintained my weight. I did exercise while I was there.
  • carolinemun2389
    carolinemun2389 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also have a vacation planned for late October and need to lose 30-40 lb as well!!! We can do it. I've been on and off fitness pal for a few years, but this time I have to stay motivated