I'm here to lose 90 lbs and not gonna stop till i do

Options
hello, everyone
I just recently had a baby and I gained 70 lbs while pregnant, I'm breastfeeding and used to find it hard to do something. I've lost 70lbs a year prior to becoming pregnant and I want my body back. I'm trying this online community thing in hopes that something new will help keep me focused on my goal. So to let everybody know, I will be posting everytime i shed a pound. I need good natured people who are going through the same struggle to share theirs in hopes of overcoming it and positive reinforcement so if you guys have anything and i mean anything to help hype me up I'll gladly accept. Good luck to everyone

Replies

• oohsooperfect1
    oohsooperfect1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hello, everyone
    I just recently had a baby and I gained 70 lbs while pregnant, I'm breastfeeding and used to find it hard to do something. I've lost 70lbs a year prior to becoming pregnant and I want my body back. I'm trying this online community thing in hopes that something new will help keep me focused on my goal. So to let everybody know, I will be posting everytime i shed a pound. I need good natured people who are going through the same struggle to share theirs in hopes of overcoming it and positive reinforcement so if you guys have anything and i mean anything to help hype me up I'll gladly accept. Good luck to everyone
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Love your name - very positive. Anyways, I'm a mother of three children ages 8, 6, and 3. I started out pre-pregnancy (when I met my husband) at a very fit 145, and ballooned up to 190 after the birth of my last baby (I actually hit 210 with my 3rd baby, and slowly shed 20 pounds through the birth and breastfeeding.) I found it hard to walk up stairs - my ankles hurt - and even laying on my back was hard - I felt like I couldn't breath. So, I decided enough was ENOUGH!

I started exercising and eating healthy last year and dropped to 165 within 6 months - went off a little bit and gained back up to 178 (a red flag weight), and got back on track with this site. I'm now down to 162, and aiming for goal weight of 145.

It's hard fittting in exercise and healthy food with a family - but it is very possible. It all depends on your motivation. As Oprah said, nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
  • mdup777
    mdup777 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    After being on a diet/exercise program since the beginning of July, I finally lost 5 pounds. I'm a type II diabetic and being over 40, I know it's hard to shed weight. I started walking in June, but really worked harder this month. Even though I'm 10-15 lbs from my goal, I feel more fit and trim and have more energy. I walked 5 times last week and the two weeks prior to that I walked 6 days. After NOT walking for 3 days it was a bit difficult, but I made it. My husband and I walked this morning and I had a hard time keeping my oomph, but I'm sure when I get back to walking my 6 times a week, I'll get back my get up and go. PLUS, it's so humid here and even though we walked around 7:15 this morning, it was still sticky. I'm looking forward to getting back into the swing of things this coming week.

I'm off for the summer and will be going back to work in August and I've already decided that I want to get some indoor walking dvd's so I can work out before work, since I won't have time in the morning and it's best to work out in the morning.

Best of luck to all of you.
  • jennifer_kail
    Options
    Well good for you!! I am excited that you have decided to make this life change for yourself. I gained 100 lbs in the past 5 years (since I met and married my husband). I quit smoking, started eating meat again after being a vegetarian for years, and changed jobs (from being a waitress to a desk job) all with in 6 months of meeting my husband that was it for me, food has been the substitute ever since. Now, due to a health scare I have really come to realization that I have to do something or I could die soon. I do not have children yet, but it is in the plans and I want to be healthy for my kids. My husband has started walking with me and trying to eat right with me, although it is much harder for him since he is a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but he is trying. Thank you for sharing and hopefully we can shrink together!!
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I had diabetes with my pregnancy so I had to eat on a strict diet and no alcohol so didn't gain much until after I had the baby. He's 2 now and I am trying to get rid of 85 pounds! I'm here to support anyone else with similar goals. Open diary
  • maricarcrash
    maricarcrash Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can completely do it and I believe in you!!