20 pounds in 10 weeks for wedding!

Options
R0sh1986
R0sh1986 Posts: 1 Member
Hi,
I get married in 10 weeks time and ideally I would like to be around the 9 stone mark(which I was a few years ago), I'm currently 10 stone 6lbs and I'm 5ft 4inches. I'm following a 1200 calories a day diet. Hopefully il get there! Does anyone have any success stories or tips for weight loss in the 10 week time frame?
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    You will probably get more responses in the General Weight Loss forum. This forum is for posting success stories. The other forum is MUCH more active and you will get a lot of suggestions (and probably criticisms too)!!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,121 Member
    Options
    Read The Complete Guide to Fasting by Jason Fung and Become a Fat Burning Machine by Michael Berland. Join the low carb, Keto, and strength training groups on here!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Have you purchased your dress? Yes, does it fit now? Or will it fit you in 10 weeks time?
  • amandablairefron
    amandablairefron Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do the Keto diet. I am 5'4 and I went from 160 to 140 in 10 weeks
  • Wonder_Mattie
    Wonder_Mattie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    WATER! Seriously. Drink it, love it, make it your main drink. I'm a soda lover, Diet Mountain Dew, every morning and through out the day. Weight was coming off slower then I had hoped. Finally gave up soda 3 weeks ago, weight is now really coming off and my skin is glowing.
  • suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Have you purchased your dress? Yes, does it fit now? Or will it fit you in 10 weeks time?

I was going to ask about this.

If you have a dress and it fits you at the size that you are it might not be worth trying to drop the weight because then you'll have an ill-fitting dress.

Me too - bit of a high-risk strategy unless you have a tame dress-alterer on hand to make the last minute adjusmtents! I would think 20lbs at your height could easily be a whole dress size.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Im there with you! I bought my dress back in Oct 2016 and I had maintained the same weight for 2 years thinking I would be safe. But a lot of stress over the last 6 months i put on 15lbs. Now I have until end of August so only 2 months left to lose all the weight I gained. I dont have any wiggle room in my dress so I have no choice but to lose the weight. Currently down 8lbs in 2 weeks mostly water weight etc. The last 10lbs will be tough. Add me for support if you want.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Btw I am also 5ft 4 and currently 155 need to be 145
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    R0sh1986 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I get married in 10 weeks time and ideally I would like to be around the 9 stone mark(which I was a few years ago), I'm currently 10 stone 6lbs and I'm 5ft 4inches. I'm following a 1200 calories a day diet. Hopefully il get there! Does anyone have any success stories or tips for weight loss in the 10 week time frame?
    Thanks in advance!

just keep to your deficit. get a food scale and weigh everything(solids and semi solids) in grams to be more accurate,get enough protein and pick correct entries from the database.not much else you can do. if you do keto the first week or so will be mostly water weight but you still have to be in a deficit to lose weight
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!