Looking for people working on losing 50lbs.

Options
mrzsantos
mrzsantos Posts: 4 Member
Im doing cardio and weight training ans would like to have people who are working on the same goal.
I am 5'9" and 250.
My goal is 10 weeks. Yes i know that is 50lbs in 10 weeks but i have a weight goal and diet plan that doesnt starve me. :)

Replies

• JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    That's a really large goal. I lost 50lbs in 10 months, but it is staying off and I feel really great. Never deprived.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    It is an unrealistic goal.
    Fyi I started in February at 5 ft 10 and228 lbs. Currently 188. Realistically 10 weeks you can hope to lose 15lbs maybe 20 in a sustainable plan.
  • brose0075
    brose0075 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Unrealistic, yes. Impossible, heck to the no! Go girl!
  • lisagetslim
    lisagetslim Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    amazing gd luck, i hope you reach your goal ..i would love to achieve this even if i lost some ,i have 100lbs to lose what meal plan are you using i'm looking for one that's effective to help reach my goal :-)
  • Fat2Fab1988
    Fat2Fab1988 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have about 50 to 60 to lose. I am 5'7" and my goal is 160lbs. I want to get there by December. Good luck to the both of us! :)
  • mrzsantos
    mrzsantos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @50extra
    Currently averaging 2000 deficient.... working on 2500+ to catch up an the extra calories I've consumed since be@50extra

And for all who doubt this is possible I have lost 10 lbs a month last month by switching to a mostly vegan diet.... im just kicking it up a notch and adding exercise.
  • kala526marie
    kala526marie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'6 and 195 ive been workin out now for today would make 2 weekes 1 day and well ive been working my butt off and havnt lost or gained anything ... its kind of aggervating but im not giving up im trying to definitely lose at least 50lbs. I have a treadmill at home i do a fast pace brisk walk i go from 3.5 to 4 miles per hour i only do it 30 min a day i tune it up in between the 30 min to help me sweat. Before i do that i do sets of sit ups jumping jacks squats and i lift 5lbs weights and after i do the tredmill i do another set of things like that. Ive added trying to do plank exercises that ive seen and is supposed to help with belly fat. Does anyone think i should b doin something different. I work full time and dont have much time to do anything im up early in the morning so i dnt have time to do much then and im at work until 5 6 at night mon thru fri i work out just once a day during the weekend because i help family so i try my hardest to do a good workout for just once a day. I just want to be successful with this weight loss
  • DavidDominguez85
    DavidDominguez85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work your doing great!!
  • babs9778
    babs9778 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    folks here just want to see you succeed and not set you up for disappointment. I was your weight when I too was in a 10 week program and worked my butt off...lost 28 lbs. Still fantastic so if you fall short...know it is still taking you closer to your goal. and keep in mind...the first week or 2 is mostly water weight and the actually drop in fat is slower. But do definitely wish you success! Keep striving!
  • Claudializeth17
    Claudializeth17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    mrzsantos wrote: »
    Im doing cardio and weight training ans would like to have people who are working on the same goal.
    I am 5'9" and 250.
    My goal is 10 weeks. Yes i know that is 50lbs in 10 weeks but i have a weight goal and diet plan that doesnt starve me. :)

Hey....
    That is one of my goals I am really looking to loose 70lbs over all but I am trying to set my self smaller goals. Good Luck to you !!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and 250.

50lbs in 10 weeks is really not sustainable at all and you're going to get push-back around here for a good reason. So, you're already looking at making even a larger deficit? You're trying to brag about a 2000 calorie deficit? What... daily?

WNYEj9G.gif
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @50extra
    Currently averaging 2000 deficient.... working on 2500+ to catch up an the extra calories I've consumed since be@50extra

And for all who doubt this is possible I have lost 10 lbs a month last month by switching to a mostly vegan diet.... im just kicking it up a notch and adding exercise.

Please don't think I am being even remotely negative when I type this. I really do want every person to succeed in shedding weight and getting healthier but what you are doing is not going to be healthy and is most likely going to be dangerous. Ten pounds in the first month is awesome, trying to lose weight 5x faster than that is going to be tough.

Watch out for signs of malnutrition like changes for the worse in your skin, or your hair thinning and falling out. Other things like extreme physical and mental fatigue, terrible mood swings/depression. If you start getting a cold this could also be a sign of not getting enough nutrients to feed your body. I am sure that there are more but I'm far from a doctor.

The biggest mistake you are going to make by trying to lose 50 pounds in 10 weeks is that you are going to learn absolutely nothing about how to eat. All you are going to learn to do is deprive yourself instead of making proper healthy food choices.

• 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Sorry to post again but @mrzsantos I have to ask if this is a real account or a troll account. I accepted your friend invite and without airing dirty laundry, what you are saying above doesn't jive with what you are posting.

Please, please, please get with a doctor and have him monitor what you are doing along the way. I imagine that there will be some vitamins and minerals that he suggests you take along the way.