Pregnancy routine?

Options
I am 8 weeks pregnant. I was working out a steady few months before I got pregnant. Lately I've just been too tired and nauseous to get to the gym. I want to get back into a routine and hopefully even tone things up even while pregnant. Any tips? What was your favorite routine during pregnancy?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Only do what you've already done. Or walk.
  • owl1982
    owl1982 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi congratulations!!! I'm 5 weeks postpartum I gained 1st12lb throughout my pregnancy and im 1st9lb down and only 1 dress size bigger than i were before pregnancy and i swear it's because I kept myself fit during pregnancy. I were at the gym before pregnancy so I knew best thing would be to carry on.some days I felt shattered others I were full of energy if I felt tired I didn't go but made most of my workouts on the days I felt fab.i carried on with cardio/aerobics until 25wks then changed that to swimming and I did bodypump 2-3 times a week right until the end.my last bodypump session was on May 11th my son was born on May 13th and it was the fastest birth and best pregnancy I'd had. Just listen to your body know when to slow things down and you will be fine xx
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't start anything new (unless something low impact like swimming provided you are ok to excercise by your doctor). Pregnancy isn't really going to be a time where you tone up though! Listen to your body and don't overdo anything and you should be good.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

This!!!

Generally Doctors recommend that you don't start anything new, and don't continue anything that you hadn't been doing for at least 6 months prior to pregnancy.

That being said, Walking is almost always OK.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

This. And don't feel guilty about sitting on your butt and resting. You're making a human.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My personal routine for all 3 pregnancies was....completely forsake all physical activity and cave into whatever food I was craving. For some reason I gain a lot of weight when im pregnant. I wouldnt recommend my routine!