Breakfast Ideas

Options
batgirl0304
batgirl0304 Posts: 2 Member
I am currently eating a bagel with peanut butter on the way to work because it is super easy and I don't have a lot of time in the mornings. However, it is taking up a pretty big chunk of calories/fat grams. Is there anything else that I can make to take with me to eat on the road?

Thanks!!

Replies

• wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    How about a bagel thin and spread thinly some lite or fat free cream cheese? I have that sometimes, its pretty good and wouldn't take up any more time. Plus its like 150 calories for the whole thing.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Make a bunch of breakfast burritos ahead of time, then micro one for a minute or so just before you head out the door. Protein shakes are also good. Hard boiled eggs. String cheese.
  • matthewburditt
    Options
    I like organic wheetabix with some almond milk and some cut up strawberries.
    Also around 150 calories
  • wvualum
    wvualum Posts: 428
    Options
    Make a bunch of breakfast burritos ahead of time, then micro one for a minute or so just before you head out the door. Protein shakes are also good. Hard boiled eggs. String cheese.

That sounds good!
  • Suunflwr37
    Suunflwr37 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you have time to make food in advance - breakfast burritos are great! Eggs are an awesome way to start the morning! You can put whatever you want in them to make them have as few or many calories as you want. And you can just heat them up before you leave. :)
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ok- I used to make this all the time but lately not so much...but on Sunday nights..I would get a glass casserole dish and use oil spray to coat it.
    Then I chop whatever veggies I want.. (like mushrooms, peppers, onions) then I scatter those on the bottom. Then I take some eggs (adn you can also add more egg whites for better calories)..I use like 5-6 eggs and lots of whites..then I add a touch of water and beat it with a fork. Then you bake it till set.
    The next morning- take a small or large tortilla, scoop out your cooked eggs, you can add a sprinkle of cheese if you want, then microwave...a tasty breakfast burrtio in minutes. I love them...now I think I will make them again. lol
  • Suunflwr37
    Suunflwr37 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

haha! apparently we think alike! :)
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I make me Baked oatmeal on Sundays and portion it for the week. I just grab it out of fridge in the morning and go! I get my recipes from Jenny Grothe "75 ways to love your oatmeal" The recipes are amazing!!!
  • htrl877
    htrl877 Posts: 49
    Options
    put it on a rice cake instead of a bagel. you just decreased your caloric intake for the morning by 300%. also fruits like grapes or an apple can suffice and are easy to eat in the car.
  • run4life21
    run4life21 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of high fiber cereal (fiber 1 which has very log glycemic index value) with 1 cup of skim milk or 1% milk, a fat free yogurt and 1 service of fruit keeps me full for 4 hours.
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    You could cut up fresh fruits over night keep it in a plate wit lid and put it 2 chill u can have it to grab and go in the morning.
    I have a hard boiled egg and fruits in the morning , this morning i had a mini wheat bagel 110 calories and smart balance omega 3 natural peanut butter 71 calories in 1 tbsp
  • cindylooi
    cindylooi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can try having 2 hard boil eggs and toast, it is very filling so you won't feel hungry until lunch time. There won't be a need for cravings, temptations and little snacks in between.

I agree with having fruit and cereal in the morning. It is quick and filling depending on the type of cereal you consume.
  • batgirl0304
    batgirl0304 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, they are great :-)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Ok- I used to make this all the time but lately not so much...but on Sunday nights..I would get a glass casserole dish and use oil spray to coat it.
    Then I chop whatever veggies I want.. (like mushrooms, peppers, onions) then I scatter those on the bottom. Then I take some eggs (adn you can also add more egg whites for better calories)..I use like 5-6 eggs and lots of whites..then I add a touch of water and beat it with a fork. Then you bake it till set.
    The next morning- take a small or large tortilla, scoop out your cooked eggs, you can add a sprinkle of cheese if you want, then microwave...a tasty breakfast burrtio in minutes. I love them...now I think I will make them again. lol

You could do this and bake in muffin tins for easy portions too.
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Switch to a bagel thin (100 calories) and Peter Pan whipped peanut butter ( 75 per tablespoon). Less than 200 calories and filling!
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options

You could do this and bake in muffin tins for easy portions too.

I freakin' LOVE this idea! THANKS!
  • Amysgetnfit
    Amysgetnfit Posts: 231
    Options
    Fruits. Dry cereals. Protein bars.breakfast burritos. Instant oatmeal in a mug.I also like hard boiled eggs.& lately been doing two hb egg whites on whole grain toast with a little salsa.its a good to go sandwich & very filling.tops out at around 250 calories high protein choice high fiber.
    Also try going on hungry girl.com they have lots of recipe swaps. &the egg mug recipes you can cook quick in microwave &take take the cup & go.
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    put it on a rice cake instead of a bagel. you just decreased your caloric intake for the morning by 300%. also fruits like grapes or an apple can suffice and are easy to eat in the car.

I LOVE rice cakes for breakfast. I also have cottage cheese on rice cakes with a dash of pepper. Delicious!!
  • ohhhhkkkk
    ohhhhkkkk Posts: 62
    Options
    In advance for the entire week I make what I call a rollup. Take an 8" non stick fry pan and spray a tiny bit of pam in it. I use egg beaters and a 1/2 cup (2 servings) has only 60 calories. I add a tablespoon of cooked bacon bits OR some cooked green pepper and onions OR mushrooms and hot pepper flakes what ever sounds good to you. Cover and cook on low heat. I like for the eggs to brown a bit and get a "skin" turn over and do the same for the other side.( need this so it will roll) Cool flat on paper towel. When still slightly warm roll up like an enchilada and wrap in a piece of paper towel. I make 5 on Sunday night, pull one out of the fridge each morning just before I walk out the door, pop in the microwave still wrapped up for 30 seconds and you have a great breakfast with about 100 calories, about 10 grams of protein and very few carbs.
  • luigigirl
    luigigirl Posts: 21
    Options
    How about a hard boiled egg and some string cheese?