Fitness journey for my wedding - looking for motivating friends!

Options
Hello everyone!

I am new to MFP and have just started a new fitness journey.
For the past 3 years I have been working in research and often am traveling and in a sedetary state. I end up gaining about 15 kilos!
I obviously noticed the weight coming on but was 'too busy to exercise and eat healthy' - classic excuse. Now I am planning my wedding (April 2018). When I went to try on wedding dresses a few months back I was just so unhappy with how I looked - for me I just wasn't myself. I have always been around 68kg.

I am 29, about 5'7" and currently 85kgs. I want to get down to 70kg, hopefully by December/January so that I have time to make changes to dress before the big day!

Looking for MFP friends who are perhaps in the same situation to help share tips, ideas, and motivation!!

Replies

• angelawrence11
    angelawrence11 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Not quite the same deal, but I'd love to be friends and motivate each other! 5'6", just got to 68 kilos :) I've been having a maintenance week this past week, but I'm getting ready to jump right back in to my weight loss goals!
  • medaisies
    medaisies Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd also love to be friends! I'm getting married in three months and had a reality check/freak out after getting our engagement pictures back :\ I want to lose 10-15 pounds before I get married. Let's motivate each other!
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I am 2 months away from wedding. Need to lose 10 to 15 by then. Already lost 8lbs in June. Add me if you would like. I am 154 wanting to be at 140 145
  • britkneemeyer
    britkneemeyer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have a similar situation. I started gaining weight when i started dating my fiance and moving to alaska and facing a nine month winter didnt help! i finally decided enough when we set our wedding date and picked a venue (oct 13 2018) i want to lose about 65 pounds before the wedding. go ahead and add me we can all be sweatin for the wedding !
  • haleyncribben
    haleyncribben Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the same boat! Wedding is in July 2018. My CW is 164 lbs I am 5'6 and my goal weight is 135! I have lost it before but gained it all back .I am uncomfortable in my body and at my highest weight. Nothing seems to be working this time around ): any advice would be helpful . I am going to try to eat around 1300 cal a day and workout everyday and see if it works !!! Let's help motivate eachother!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    In the same boat! Wedding is in July 2018. My CW is 164 lbs I am 5'6 and my goal weight is 135! I have lost it before but gained it all back .I am uncomfortable in my body and at my highest weight. Nothing seems to be working this time around ): any advice would be helpful . I am going to try to eat around 1300 cal a day and workout everyday and see if it works !!! Let's help motivate eachother!

Calorie deficit is what works. If you don't already, get yourself a food scale and then log everything you eat and drink accurately by weighing all solids and measuring all liquids.

Put your stats in to MFP to get a calorie goal - you can likely lose on more than 1300 cals, and don't forget to add exercise cals!
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @livingleanlivingclean has it right.

You don't need "motivating friends."
    You need the discipline to maintain a consistent calorie deficit for months if you want to lose weight.
    "Friends" will not do the work for you and they will not provide the discipline you need.

"Motivation" is pointless because it only lasts for the short-term.
    You need to do the work no matter if you want to (i.e feel motivated) or not.

If you want to keep the weight off then start strength training also.
    Something like "Thinner Leaner Stronger" is a good choice for beginners.
    It has good information on proper diet and nutrition as well.

uxjj3n2zkgth.jpg

• cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    medaisies wrote: »
    I'd also love to be friends! I'm getting married in three months and had a reality check/freak out after getting our engagement pictures back :\ I want to lose 10-15 pounds before I get married. Let's motivate each other!
    3 months is 12 weeks.
    If you can average 1 pound a week then you can make your goal but there will not be much room for error and no time for excuses.
    You may average around 1/2 lb per week or less depending on your calorie deficit and the intensity of your exercise program.

You will need to be disciplined.
    A 500 calorie deficit every day will average out to about 1 lb per week.
    A 250 calorie deficit every day will average out to about 1/2 lb per week.

Threads like this pop up nearly every week... "I want to lose x amount in y weeks."
    Often because of a wedding.
    The answer always hinges around "You probably should have thought of that z months ago."
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Getting married in the beginning of 2018 and aiming to lose 5 lbs a month. More would be great, but I felt like 5 lbs a month was a realistic goal. So far I'm on track...actually a little ahead! I'll probably have alterations near the end of the year, so hopefully I'll be down a nice chunk by then.