Hi everyone! I have 201bs to lose my struggle is sugar

Options
New to the community

Replies

• EKAkre
    EKAkre Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! I hear ya, I've got a major sweet tooth myself- do you need accountability buddies on here to share the journey with? :smile:
  • deyo77
    deyo77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Attic zero is your answer ice cream get the brownie blast. 1 pint 300 cal. Tastes great handles cravings
  • JosephPulaski
    JosephPulaski Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It's tough. Trust me. My wife is a baker. Ice cream is my Achilles heal. I allow myself one cheat day a week and stick to it. Best wishes!
  • leona0715
    leona0715 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I feel you on the sugar issue, maybe consider some watermelon which could give you your sugar fix while not throwing off your efforts.
  • TISCHK004
    TISCHK004 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here but have been doing intermittent fasting, 16:8, and have been tracking my macros for 5 months. I have lost 27#. I believe carb reduction is the best way for me to lose weight and still eat a lot of food. In response to the watermelon suggestion: while watermelon is a low calorie/sweet treat, most of the calories come from carbs!

Depending on how you slice it, watermelon contains: 1 cup diced watermelon: 46 calories, 0.6 grams fiber, 11.6 grams carbohydrates. 1 cup watermelon balls: 46 calories, 0.6 grams fiber, 11.6 grams carbohydrates. 1 wedge of watermelon (1/16 of a watermelon): 86 calories, 1.1 grams fiber, 22 grams carbohydrates.
  • Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sugar addict right here
  • freepsyworld
    freepsyworld Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there, 2 years ago i was where u are at now. My biggest issue was cutting off sweets. Initially i allowed myself to have any sweet i wanted once a week. When i had cravings most of the times i gave in. There were times of binge too. As this was my 6th or so attempt to lose weight i started asking myself one thing: is eating this sweet really worth it? I mean i would look my self in the mirror afterwards and felt really bad, bad for killing my efforts with a 2 min pleasure. 2 min pleasure for many hours of crying, guilt and all the negative selftalk.. the more kgs i was loosing the easiest for me was to control the cravings coz i was asking myself that question. Cravings get better as soon as sugar is off yr system..its a case of mind over sugar.. its a battle really.. u need to take control... we cant have ourlives being controlled by sugar..u can have sweets but only when U SaY SO!!
  • allieparkia
    allieparkia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Sugar...ugh!!! Addicted. Feel free to add me!
  • savalex0808
    savalex0808 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sugar addicts unite! Seems we have plenty of company with this one.