ALERT: Strech mark lotion

Okay ladies (and guys too), we all know that for some of us, weight loss comes with stretch marks. Even though I'm losing weight at a slow pace, I am still developing them (especially on my thighs). So I decided to try Palmer's stretch mark massage lotion.

If you plan to use any of these types of lotions, test them on your arm first for at least two days! Especially if you have sensitive skin. I have been broken out in a rash for a week now after only two applications. The rash has gotten so bad that I had to go to the doctor. She said my reaction was very severe, however it is not uncommon to have a reaction to those kinds of lotions. Now I am on oral steroids for a week, which make me super hyper and sooo hungry! Not a good combo, considering I can't work out because it will irritate my rash.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up :) You definitely don't want to go through what I am right now!

Replies

• FaithHopeTrust
    FaithHopeTrust Posts: 105 Member
    it doesnt affect me. i use that lotion every day :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Oh, no! I hope you feel better soon and get over the rash. I have tried stuff for my stretch marks (part of motherhood - my warrior wounds as I call them) will never go away. I have heard tanning helps them. Mine are pretty bad (dark purple), but I wouldn't trade them for the world because I have my babies. I hope your reaction to the lotion gets under control soon.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Palmer's cocoa butter in the tub (it's thicker than Vaseline, similar though) is wonderful, though! I was looking at the faint little marks on my upper thighs and thought they looked cool - like tiger stripes. :smile:

Good luck with your rash. Hope it calms down right away. The steroids will help. I was on a round a couple of weeks ago for an allergy.
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    I got Strivectin a few years back for baby stretch marks and it was/is AMAZING I have super sensitive skin as well and I didn't get a rash or much irritation... it tickled and irritated a little while putting it on and for maybe 5 minutes after but it worked beautifully! Talk to your doctor about what they think. It's pretty pricey but worth it in my opinion!

I'm so sorry you're in pain I hope it clears up soon and you keep the hyper!!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Wow, that sounds terrible!
    I've actually been using my daughters lotion :x I don't know how it's supposed to work on stretchmarks but I like how smooth and non-greasy it is. It's Johnsons aloe and vitamin E baby lotion. It's hypoallergenic :)
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    I got Strivectin a few years back for baby stretch marks and it was/is AMAZING I have super sensitive skin as well and I didn't get a rash or much irritation... it tickled and irritated a little while putting it on and for maybe 5 minutes after but it worked beautifully! Talk to your doctor about what they think. It's pretty pricey but worth it in my opinion!

I'm so sorry you're in pain I hope it clears up soon and you keep the hyper!!

Did that work in getting rid of your stretch marks or at least lightening them up quite a bit ?? Mine are not too bad, they have faded quite a bit and look like very pain silver and white...but some of them are quite deep...I'm just looking to try and get my stomach and thighs to look half ways normal again, LOL. My stretch marks are from pregnancy....and I have accepted them as part of my life....but am still interested if there is something that could possibly help reduce them!! :)
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    How do steroids not make you hungry! Oh man! I tell people to stay away from me because I get roid rage ;) Hope you feel better soon! :D
  • steffae
    steffae Posts: 47
    Oh no! I hope it gets better...try using olive oil on the rash, it soothes it.

Out of curiosity, how long do these creams and potions and lotions take to work?