When should I drop my macros to lose body fat?

Options
jcj80
jcj80 Posts: 2 Member
Just looking for a few tips on when and how exactly to adjust my intake of carbs protein and fats to optimize my cutting ...

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Keep protein at least 1 g/lb
    The rest you will have to figure out yourself. People handle different levels of carbs, especially as they lean out. Are you strength training? Working out?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Create a calorie deficit. Eat enough protein (0.8-1.2g/lb).
  • jcj80
    jcj80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm working out twice a week pretty hard in the gym and doing push-ups , sit-ups, curls, etc. everyday at home and I want to start a cardio session soon but haven't found the time yet. And I've been in a deficit every day for the past 2 weeks but on non gym days I find myself in a deficit of several hundred calories and haven't met my macros for that day for carbs but fat and protein are usually pretty close to my limit... is this normal good or bad ?
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    jcj80 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm working out twice a week pretty hard in the gym and doing push-ups , sit-ups, curls, etc. everyday at home and I want to start a cardio session soon but haven't found the time yet. And I've been in a deficit every day for the past 2 weeks but on non gym days I find myself in a deficit of several hundred calories and haven't met my macros for that day for carbs but fat and protein are usually pretty close to my limit... is this normal good or bad ?

I suspect you are spending too much time working out - It won't hinder your weight loss efforts per se, but it likely to lead to you during out and either falling off the waggon or getting ill.
  • Je2RiT
    Je2RiT Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Once you can stay consistent with your diet, you'll be able to pin point what variables to tweak to bring your body fat down. Typically when I begin my cut, I start picking all the easy fats out. Things that I can easily cut out like changing whole eggs to whites, fatty meat to leaner meats, no butter on certain items, etc. Then I lower my carbs and protein together until my protein is in target range, then adjust carbs...