Gestational Diabetes

Jcox300
Jcox300 Posts: 62 Member
For those who have this, What is your favorite "approved" meal/recipe? Favorite breakfast?

Replies

• Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Not really a recipe, but my wife's favourite thing was exercise after she ate, that brought the numbers down in a hurry.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    I didn't really have a favourite recipe. I just kept a meticulous food log and stuck with foods that didn't spike my bg as much as possible. Still wound up on insulin though.
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    It just plan awful to have gestation Diabetes GM
  • mybigfat
    mybigfat Posts: 162 Member
    I had that as well lower carbs is best chilli was my favorite but eggs and such def work well too
  • ashleyantonation
    ashleyantonation Posts: 17 Member
    A handful of almonds was my go to snack before bed to help stabilize during the night.
  • elanaknt
    elanaknt Posts: 40 Member
    I found I couldn't handle many carbs in the morning (even once I was on insulin), so my go-to breakfast ending up being a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich on a whole wheat English muffin. That gave me good numbers and kept me full and satisfied. It's tough... Hang in there!
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    I didnt really have a go to recipe. I struggled and about two weeks after the GD diagnosis, I had to start taking glyburide (?) I hated it. and Now I have developed full blown diabetes and i still hate it.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Oh but breakfast, my favorite that doesnt spike me is Chobani (or another brand is fine) no sugar added greek yogurt and a piece of fruit. Never have a BG issue after I eat that so I eat it abut every morning.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    With my first child I was diagnosed with GD at 20 weeks. I controlled it with diet for the additional 19 weeks (I was induced at 39). It sucked. The only cereal I could have was plain bran flakes with Splenda. The only fruit was raspberries (which was sad because it was summer). I got a sugar free Slurpee from 7-11 almost every day. I ate a lot of meats for dinner, steak, pork chops, chicken, fish, etc will small servings of high fiber sides (brown rice).