Low carb or low calorie meal plans

Options
Hi all
From experience which produced the best results for weight loss in your opinion? I'm trying to compare the two
Thanks everyone :)

Replies

• sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you have to be in a caloric deficit, so a low carb diet will automatically be a low calorie one.

My personal experience has been that I lose and maintain weight well with my carbs at or around 50-55% of my diet.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Low carb works because by cutting out or significantly reducing an entire macro-nutrient, you are by default removing a lot of calories from your diet...ie low calorie.
  • orangeprestige
    orangeprestige Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started a low carb lifestyle for the first time on Monday. It is hard to want to eat a lot. I have trouble consuming all the calories I need to in a day because proteins and fats with a ton of water is pretty filling!
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what satiates you. I've tried low carb several times because it sounds good to me in theory, but volume is what really satiates me and fat really doesn't seem to help me stay full at all so I'm back to eating way more fruits and veggies and leaner and a little less meats and I feel great (with more energy) eating this way. Everyone seems to be different. Some people say you don't need to track calories but you will not lose very much (if any) on low carb if you do not also lower your calories...trust me on that one :wink:
  • CorinnaShaw
    CorinnaShaw Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight from keto, calorie restrictions, hclf raw vegan, and paleo. They all work. Just find what you can stick to and if you get bored, switch it up. I was eating plant-based vegan before I got pregnant then I didnt find the diet satisfying and I felt nauseous. I'm currently doing the 21 day fix and I'm enjoying it so far. Even though my calories aren't as high as they were on the vegan diet, I LOVE the fact that I am eating meat and bread and I feel better so that's what I'm gonna do for now.