Had Lap band surgery

Options
Hello everyone

I had weight loss surgery on April 6,2011 and I am so happy but I am using myfitness.com for food diary and I love it. I think it will keep on track for what I am doing wrong and teach me how to learn to eat correctly again.

Replies

• misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Welcome - There are quite a few of us here. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Congratulations! I had gastric bypass on Feb. 7, 2011. This is a great tool!!
  • BrendaStebbins
    Options
    Thank for your responds to me I glad I had it done as well. I have stop all medication and feel good about what I had done. Thank again.:smile:
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Welcome! this will be a great tool to keep you motivated and help you change some habits!

I'm not a bander, but I had RNY April 10, 2009 -- so we almost have the same surgiversary date :)

Good luck on your journey!

Feel free to add me if you need support :)
  • Thebrats
    Thebrats Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,
    I was also banded on 16th Febuary 11, I'm doing ok but find it hard to eat slow.
    My weight is coming off nice and steady which I'm happy with.
    It's good to know of others going through the same thing.

Feel free to add me, all the help and advice will be welcomely received.

Carole xx
  • pamela1129
    pamela1129 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had lapband surgery in August of 2000. I lost 120 pounds with it the enforced restriction.

Then my band failed and so did I. In keeping the weight off, I mean. I've not had it repaired. This time around I'm doing it on my own.

Best of luck to you!
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Congrats on learning from your experience! I'm so glad to see you here! I've known far too many people who don't KEEP THE WEIGHT OFF - which requires education. So it's SO encouraging to see so many lap banders here to learn to KEEP it off! :)
  • BrendaStebbins
    Options
    pamela1129
    If you don't mind me asking what happen to your band?
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I had lap band 3 years ago and have been using MFP for a few years now to track what I eat. I'll send you a friend request!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I too use this site for tracking. I am pre gastric sleeve. I am scheduled for surgery August 18th. Feel free to add me :)
  • BrendaStebbins
    Options
    misscristie
    That is great that you have lost all that weight how do you feel and are you happy you did the lap band?
  • BrendaStebbins
    Options
    1sxyogre
    I have had my 5th fill and it going good I just now have ingestion but I have lost over 30 pds and it well worth it to me plus I took high blood pressure med and arthritic med and Zoloft and I on nothing now I stop every thing except my vit and calcium and I so happy about that. Good luck when you have the surgery.
  • BrendaStebbins
    Options
    waguchan
    That great that you have been so successful, I just hope that I can lose that much. Great job
  • BrendaStebbins
    Options
    JDRBT
    I so agree with you we didn't get over weight from doing the right thing so we need to re learn what we should do not what we have not done. Thanks
  • BrendaStebbins
    Options
    Thebrats

I know what you saying about eating slow, I still trying to learn that. LOL
  • BrendaStebbins
    Options
    MissMaryMac33
    I think it doesn't matter how we got the to this point in our life but it just great that we can find support to get us through it.
  • BrendaStebbins
    Options
    skwilson1990
    You have don't great with lost and hope that you able to continue until you think you have reached you where you want to be in your life. Good luck.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    MissMaryMac33
    I think it doesn't matter how we got the to this point in our life but it just great that we can find support to get us through it.

Totally agree! I NEEDED this tool to start...but its hard work to keep it going ...you have to change your whole life... all your eating habits and work at it every day.... but I'm extremely thankful for this miracle.

No more diabetes and shooting my gut with insulin! Life is good...
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey.
    you can do it!!
    jane
  • BrendaStebbins
    Options
    janemartin02
    Thank you for your words of encouragement, I know it a life long journey and I on board to get the job done.