Here for my health

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Kayley and I'm here to lose weight for my health. I went to my doctor today and she gave me some alarming news and basically that I needed to lose weight to counteract these issues. I live 2 hours away from my family and don't have many friends where I live. I just wanted to make some friends, encourage others and hopefully gain some encouragement myself and lose this weight to get my health back in check!!

Replies

• rcrachelcampbell1
    rcrachelcampbell1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want to motivate each other.
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kayley! I actually lost my 46 year old mother last month to a massive heart attack from heart disease that she didn't even know she had so that really opened my eyes to be more health conscience for both myself and my own children. I am ultimately looking to lose probably 35-40lbs, but I'm more focused on about 10lbs at a time and using where I'm at as a scale.
  • kwilson23144
    kwilson23144 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!! My mom's side of the family has a serious issue with heart disease, so with that and the news I've received I know it's time to really buckle down! And I'm wanting to lose around 50 lbs as well!!
  • CoffeenSquats
    CoffeenSquats Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Thank you. My mother lost both her grandmother and her uncle to heart disease, too. It's definitely something that runs in our family :( I'll friend you, I've been looking for someone I can relate to pretty well <3
  • lminnich79
    lminnich79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm recommitting to tracking my health habits and totally get where you're coming from in regards to living far from family. I'm about 15 hours and while my husband is a great support, we have different approaches to exercise. I really want to get back in shape and feel confident running again.
  • kwilson23144
    kwilson23144 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ugh I wish I felt confident running!! I don't even feel confident walking!! Haha but I used to be SUPER athletic, softball for 14 years and basketball for 7 and it's super frustrating that I can't half do either of them anymore
  • LeeSanders147
    LeeSanders147 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lee I am one of the lucky ones have already hit my goal weight and now just working hard on maintaining that weight but always ready to help others.