why is it so hard to stop cravings!!

Options
gotta stop giving into cravings bread, candies, starbucks when it's not cheat MEAL day.

tips on stopping cravings is much appreciated!

Replies

• Mom2Maika
    Mom2Maika Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Personally, I found that allowing myself cheat days while still struggling with sugar just made me cave it even more the days I wasn't supposed to be eating it. Like a drug. Once I got rid of it, the cravings stopped after about a week. Alternatively, I searched for replacements that curbed my sweet tooth without leading to further cravings, mostly with the help of protein and whole grain products.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If your calorie deficit is too severe from your TDEE (more than 20%), cravings could be your body simply telling you it is HUNGRY. And really hard to stop them, because your body is HUNGRY.
    Check your calorie intake. If your TDEE is 2000, and you are trying to lose weight only eating 1500, it might be a better strategy in the long run to eat 1800 a day. Sure, the weight loss will be slower but you won't be putting as much stress on your body, you are less likely to lose muscle mass and you shouldn't be HUNGRY. Curbing those cravings will be easier.
  • From_Within_
    From_Within_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Because sugar is actually addicting. Once the body has it.. it naturally wants more in its system. Once you give it up and go through that phase.. it's so much easier. Try it! I give it up then go back to it cuz my weakness is sugar. But the weird thing for me is that my body doesn't want it, my brain thinks it's good.