Hello :) any others on the Medifast diet?!

Options
Hello :) my name is Nikki. I have just recently started the Medifast diet by Dr Wayne Anderson. I was wondering if anyone else here is on this diet or has been on this diet before and had success. To be honest it is hard eating some of the foods, mainly the lunches ... any tips and advice would be appreciated!!!

Replies

• MDCCXCI
    MDCCXCI Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know what Medifast is but I just made a new profile and trying to add a few new Rockstar to my friends list. Add me.

Good luck with your efforts!
  • pamritha
    pamritha Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hey!! I just started Medifast (week 3 now). Would love to have a friend in the journey :)
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I lost 70 pounds with medifast and hado kept it off for nearly 2 years. Once you commit and settle in, food truly becomes just fuel and it's very emotionally freeing. I've gained back about 10 recently (need job, puppy, not sleeping well and turning to sugar). Starting again tomorrow.
  • mom2wessarah
    mom2wessarah Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Nikki, how's the medifast going? I lost about 70lbs on medifast a few years ago. I agree with emmaruns that once you're on a roll with the program, eating is secondary to life, it's just fuel, but life and doing things becomes first. I will say I gained back the weight, not the program's fault.
  • melissab0614
    melissab0614 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am one week in. How are you guys doing?
  • HayleyMB1284
    HayleyMB1284 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm following. I'm not on it but I've always been curious about the medifast diet. What does this consist of. Feel freee to add me if you like . I need new friends to help motivate me .
  • cecekins
    cecekins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on day one of Medifast. Before committing to the program (I'm with a Medifast Weight Control Center), I actually ordered some of the food to try it on my own. While I did well alone, I felt I would do even better with counselors supporting me along the way. My issue has ALWAYS been cheating and not caring about the consequences (because who else would see my scale but me?). Now I have to go to weekly appointments.

So far so good, I had the Blueberry Oatmeal for breakfast, a chocolate mint bar, and garlic mashed potatoes for lunch. I don't feel starved and I can still look forward to my afternoon snack. :smile:
  • rhopar33
    rhopar33 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am four days into Medifast and I've lost 8.8 lbs. I know the weight loss will slow down but so far I am happy. I have 62 lbs to go.
  • cecekins
    cecekins Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Week One -- 8.5 pounds lost! :smile:
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm on it! Please add me :) I've been on it for 6 weeks and dropped 16lbs so far. I absolutely love the energy and improved sleep. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the food but I love the bars and snacks so that's mostly what I eat now
  • jtfahey
    jtfahey Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please add me!
  • From_Within_
    From_Within_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I tried Medifast. If you look into it .. it's basically different flavor protein powders and low carb snacks. It was way too expensive for me. If it is for you as well.. just get protein powder and look up good recipes. Protein helps keep you fuller longer as well as keeping carbs low. Set your percents on mfp to keep track :)