HELP: Girlfriend Needs Encouragement!

Options
Hey everybody! I'm new to this message board. I'm an avid marathon runner, but I'm actually posting about my girlfriend. Over the past 7 months she has worked her butt off … quite literally! She's lost over 50 pounds by running and weight lifting. Unfortunately, she still struggles with her self image and could use some encouragement. I'm posting some before and after pics below. If you have a minute to tell her how good she looks and how much progress she's made, I'd love to share your messages with her. I know it would help her a ton!

(She struggles feeling like the weight loss isn't very noticeable. I tell her it is, but she thinks I'm just being nice.)

BEFORE
6qty71urpccn.jpg
difu7rkdfrsm.jpg
pixocxzm94of.jpg
if18aa8wb0v7.jpg

WORKING OUT
pyy8uu575aeo.jpg

AFTER
mype9n52dzqp.jpg
3p0j4us1e2oj.jpg
11mkmibeg15v.jpg
11xxmzyhu3k6.jpg

Replies

• Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference. She is beautiful. She looks a lot better than I do according to any traditional standards.

However, I feel,like it is most important that she logs on and meets her own friends,

I know you can support each other in a really Important way.

My husband supports me really well too.

However, for me to shine as myself, as my best self, I need to work it ( my program, however I define it) without him and then bring it to him. The way that I want to.

I can imagine that would be empowering for her as well, and what makes her stronger makes you stronger as a couple.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    OK firstly WOW!!! she has done tremendously well and her weight loss is immediately noticeable.

I know where she is coming from though, I still have my moments too.

Tell her she is awesome
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yeah, would you mind confirming that she is well aware that you've posted these and has consented?
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Does she know that you are posting these pictures to perfect strangers on the internet?
    If my husband would post these types (flull body, feeling as private in some cases) of pictures on a message board without my permission he'd be in deep pooh

If my wife posted pics like this of me when I doubted myself and I got positive feedback ... I would thank her for it. Not everything is done maliciously.
  • Alatariel75
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    Does she know that you are posting these pictures to perfect strangers on the internet?
    If my husband would post these types (flull body, feeling as private in some cases) of pictures on a message board without my permission he'd be in deep pooh

If my wife posted pics like this of me when I doubted myself and I got positive feedback ... I would thank her for it. Not everything is done maliciously.

Right up til someone you know saw it. It does happen. My husband would be a dead man if he posted pics of my in my underwear on the 'net, no matter his intent.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    Not everything is done maliciously.
    Never said it was done maliciously. Chances are that it is done without even thinking, It is at worst malicious. At best completely inconsiderate and stupid

• Alatariel75
    Options
    Thank you, everybody! Oh, she definitely knows I posted these. (She helped me pick out which pics to use.) I would NEVER do something like this without her permission! (I value my life!)

Ok, then if that's the case, she looks bangin'. She should be very damn proud.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Big difference! She looks super sexy exactly as she is :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everybody! Oh, she definitely knows I posted these. (She helped me pick out which pics to use.) I would NEVER do something like this without her permission! (I value my life!)

Ok, then if that's the case, she looks bangin'. She should be very damn proud.

Yep!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,100 Member
    Options
    Yeah she looks great!
    She can't argue with a load of us saying it can she!!
    She should be very proud of what she's achieved!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options

Thank you for stating that as asked. As one that has seen what can happen if it is not by consent, it is always a deep concern of mine (and it seems not only mine).
    Your GF looks amazing in those pics. It is si obvious that she has worked incredibly hard and that her hard work is resulting in amazing looks
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    She looks amazing! It's a very noticeable change