17 lbs down, pictures!

Options
crmhaske
crmhaske Posts: 66 Member
I don't have any before pictures, but my taekwondo uniform fits a lot looser and my size 6 red belt is getting too long! I'm really flexible, but my uniform was a little too tight around my thighs before so I couldn't get my kicks up to my maximum. Now I can! I would be able to kick even higher if my stomach didn't get in the way. One day that won't be my limiting factor!! :D

5981562015_c6cd37080c.jpg
5981561689_d1fe0aa938.jpg
5981561661_5141c825bf.jpg
5981561637_26ec73ab90.jpg

Replies

• ChristiCare
    ChristiCare Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    great job! so how do you like taekwondo? I have considered joining but I am so out of shape I am afraid I won't be able to do anything that is asked of me. I have been swimming to get a little better, Have you found it to be super though with the extra weight, because the is my big fear, is looking like a fool, and feeling like one
    keep up the great work
  • crmhaske
    Options
    I've been doing tawkwondo for almost 9 years now in two different styles and my weight has fluctuated a lot during that time. For obvious reasons taekwondo was easiest when I was at my lowest weight of 190; however, even when I was at my maximum weight of 260 it wasn't impossible. There is one student at my current club who weighs around 280 and he is actually pretty good. My last competition I sparred against a girl whose weight was also in the 200s. I convinced a friend of mine from school to join and she's a bigger girl and she loves it. It's a lot more doable as a bigger person than it seems from the outside looking in. Most clubs give trial weeks so you can figure out if it's for you. The best way to know is to give it a try!
  • cawood2
    cawood2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I train karate, and I have the same issue! My gi has been getting looser in the thighs, but silly tummy's still in the way. We don't have classes in the summer, but I'm working out with other things to lose some more inches and be able to get my head height roundhouse kick back- it's currently sitting about shoulder level. I'm glad to see other people using their uniform fit as a NSV, though I might have been a little odd looking at it in that way. :)
  • koluvsmusic
    Options
    CONGRATS & KEEP GOING. YOU ARE DOING GOOD & LOOKING GREAT. :happy:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Good Job!! You are looking great - keep it up :D:D:D
  • crmhaske
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
  • lagreen83
    lagreen83 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You go girl! You'll be kicking sky high before you know it! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!