Fellow petite peeps under 5ft

Options
2»

Replies

• trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I'm 5''3.5 and I lose a pound a week on 1200 calories sooooooooo y'all should obviously eat fewer calories to effect the same weight loss BUTTTTTT MFP won't allow that because it assumes everyone's of average height AT LEAST.
  • fitgirlcarrie1
    fitgirlcarrie1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I teach pole dancing and I find it very hard to figure that out myself. I can't figure out how many calories I burn during a class I teach or during the time I train by myself. Fitbit barely counts my aerial time except sometimes it says I climbed stairs. Then I am 5'1" and weigh 139 pounds and I look slightly overweight but have put on a very noticeable amount of muscle so I am not even sure what I should weigh. I set my goal at 130 pounds and I will go from there. I refuse to lose any muscle so I can look more feminine I would rather be able to pull myself up the pole using only my arms.
  • LittleBlackRabbit
    LittleBlackRabbit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    4'11 and 110 lbs.

Recommended calorie intake is circa 1200. (Weight loss: 1lbs per week, low activity)
  • sak20011
    sak20011 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    5'1 1/2" (every quarter inch counts). My TDEE is 1440. To lose .5 lb week I eat 1200 --right not not eating all exercise calories back but if I have some to eat and i'm hungry, or out to dinner, or whatever I'll do it

My goal is to lose _+ 5 lbs of fat but add muscle and add in more exercise to raise maintenance to 1500/day.

I used to lament that being short meant that every pound showed and that losing weight was hard as there's far less calorie cushion. On the other hand, a 5 to 7 lb weight loss on a shortie looks like a 20 lbs weight loss on someone 5'8" so there's a bright side :).
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and I usually eat 1250-1350 and some days I eat my exercise calories back. I am a volume eater as well so I eat lots of salads, various veggies and I LOVE stirfry. I do not usually feel hungry. I am trying to get more fruits and veggies in for healthy sake
  • MistryGirl82
    MistryGirl82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and I'm having 1350 cals a day for 0.5lbs weight loss a week. I've still have about 20lbs to reach my goal. I imagine I may have to drop to 1200 at some point.
  • gahahshskana
    gahahshskana Posts: 12 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    4'10.5 at 109 lbs

I usually eat around 1300-1400 calories on days I can't exercise (aka weekdays). I pump it up to around 1500-1600 on the days I can though